iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Filling checks--log home maintenance question

Started by azmtnman, June 15, 2016, 10:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmtnman

I need something to fill checks in some cabins and some weather-exposed timbers. What do you all recommend?
An internet search led me to Log Builder caulk. Anyone ever use that?
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

rjwoelk

Check out permachink. They have good products. All water based easy to clean up
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

OliverH_timberF

At work we use "speed grip" it's a two part urethane epoxy designed for the automotive industry. And we find it perfect for filling timbers. It's black so it looks like a shadow or deep dark natural crack (you will never match the timbers color) and the rubbery characteristics let it move with the seasonal changes in the timber. speed grip sands easily and cleans up nicely with heat. Heat also makes it flow better and prolongs the open time. We use a putty knife or the mixing tube supplied for applying. The only problem is cost... but one big tube lasts a while. Check it out, should work well for you, we have never looked back.

Thank You Sponsors!