iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

It's 3 or 4 now. A few stiff wind gusts now and then.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Kinda sounds like Mt Washington in NH. That poor Mountain has seen some extreme weather.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Got in the truck this morning here at The Beach at 0615 and it was 12, with 15 mph wind gusts. Got to work and it was 11 there, with 20 mph winds. Great day to be on an open tractor running the sweeper, and then in an open D5. We topped out at 20 degrees, which broke the 100-year record for the coldest high temp for the month of January. They never could get the excavator running, so needing it to continue, we knocked off at 1130. Returned home and promptly built a fire in the fireplace. :) Now yesterday, the official high ended up being 68 degrees!
According to weatherdotcom, it was -10 at the cabin up in the mountains with a -35 wind chill.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Well I had to crawl in through the hatch.  ::)  I know better. I meant to open the doors last night at 32°. But oh no I had to wait until now at 8° to do it. I almost thought the door was locked. I was pushing on the door hard to get out. I thought I was going to have to crawl back out the way I came in.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

I thought about doing that, and I actualy remembered to do it when I got back from plowing the snow. This morning the doors on the truck opened like they're supose to.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

We had hurricane weather here today. Only it wasn't tropical, it came down from the high Arctic. Dark sky with snow squalls mixed in for measure. :D

It's 3F at the moment and dropping I would assume. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Spring is on the way! ;D

Every day the days are longer. Warmer will come.

We are having an especially nice and mild winter.

Out looking for supper tonight.  ;D

Gotta go eat stir fry.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Like that last picture,the rest I did not enjoy seeing. Too green for me.  :)

Dusty Rhodes

Here's to you boys up north. It was -12F this morning and never got above the negative numbers during the daylight.  Not cold for some of you I know but the coldest its been in Central Pa for about 20 years they say. A friend a little further north had -24 at his place this morning.   We have almost warmed to 0 F this evening.  Looking forward to the weekend when they are calling for mid 30's. 
Poor Amish neighbor was up on the mountain at 6AM this morning trying to thaw out his water line.  Got the line back under the water so he's back in business to water the horses.  Thats a cold job playing in the creek at -12.  Glad I picked up a ton a coal last weekend, it will help stretch the woodpile this winter as I have been going through wood at a pretty good clip so far this winter.   

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

good, so you got my package  :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

ROL,

The package came early this morning.  I saved the box, so I will be glad to return you some weather about the middle of August.  You will be wishing for a glacier. 

It was so hot at the Sycamore Sawin' last summer that Poston was considering giving up humor.  Now, that is hot, I don't care who you are. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I thought you was going to say,POSTON was going to give up talking.  ;D

clww

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

Quote from: WDH on January 07, 2014, 09:56:11 PM
ROL,

I will be glad to return you some weather about the middle of August.  

It was so hot at the Sycamore Sawin' last summer that Poston was considering giving up humor.  Now, that is hot, I don't care who you are.

No thanks Danny... I can always add more clothing the colder it gets. But come August, I can only take so much off. surfer-smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SwampDonkey

Hey it's a warming trend here, it's now 5. But the flu sounds like one of them big organs they play with the Mormon choir every Christmas. The wind, sure sucks the wood. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on January 07, 2014, 09:57:28 PM
I thought you was going to say,POSTON was going to give up talking.  ;D

Something just woke me up at 1:21 am to come check "The Weather". Now I see how Y'all talk about me while I'm asleep.
Thanks for calling and waking me up to check this , Chief. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Autocar

The wind has laid here and its a balmy ten degrees feels great, the last few days has been colder then cold for our area.
Bill

ancjr

13F, 7mph wind.  Easier day ahead in the unheated barn than yesterday!

SwampDonkey

Spring returns on Saturday up here, temps in the 50's and rain, rain, rain.......

Gee, I might be able to walk on the crust and go slid'n.  ;D You might think rain and subsequent crust is rare up here, but as a kid we had skate rinks in fields and roads bicycles on the crust in the field. Get on a sled or carpet and slide 1/2 mile down to the woods and walk on nice hard crust on the way back, less work. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

-5° with a cool breeze off the big lake, so it feels a bit colder. More snow overnight but forecast shows the snow tapering off and the weather warming to the 20's and maybe even 30. Getting the shorts and t-shirts out.

thecfarm

I heard the wind in the fireplace flue a few times yesterday. I have 2 above now, and that was the low here and should get up into the 30's today.

Chuck White

Starting out today with 10° and ever-so-slight breeze!

We'll see what happens.

I guess they got lots of snow 50-80 miles south of us, between Watertown and Syracuse.

A long stretch of I-81 from south of Watertown to the Canadian boarder is closed until further notice!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

red oaks lumber

i sound like a stuck record, low this morning minus 25  forcast high today minus 2. good thing the winds arent as fierce as earlier in the week :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

drobertson

Feel for you, and all the rest up yonder, man it's cold up there,   a way of life that might be enjoyable if preps are made, still cold,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!