iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

There may, just may be good news coming. Our weatherman said the jet stream is sagging. Looks like more straight east to west flow instead of that polar vortex. After these two nights of -16 temps, it all the way up to 30 degrees later in the week. And lows of double digits ABOVE zero.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Magicman

Quote from: wwsjr on February 10, 2014, 08:19:24 AMIce before snow is hard to deal with in the south. 
Take care Willie and remember that I am only a phone call away.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Hope it doesn't rain
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

WmFritz

Bill your killing me!  whiteflag_smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SwampDonkey

Should be fairly dry in the office if it does rain. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 10, 2014, 03:10:14 PM
Should be fairly dry in the office if it does rain. :D

But I walk up to the corner diner for lunch. It's a block away, lot's of exposure to the elements 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

SwampDonkey

Here it comes folks, are you ready? Definitive proof of the coming ice age. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_861us8D9M

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We are suppose to get up to 6 inches Wednesday.
I'm just glad I'm not in Atlanta.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Al_Smith

6 inchs or maybe even 10 would not be a big deal in these parts .Poor old Atlanta is not prepared for it nor is the populace .

Lawdy I remember once in Norfolk they got 4 inchs of snow and closed the navy base .

Now all you folks who subscribe to Al Gores' theory how does the great Nobel peace prize winner address this stuff .Maybe the same theory as the idea they make snow out of styrofoam  or some such nonsense .Tried to set it on fire ya know .Made national news too .

Al probabley takes it seriously ,Tipper I'd imagine could care less .This Al laughs and tee hees over the whole idea . :D

chevytaHOE5674

High temp today was 2° in the sun, in the shade I doubt it broke zero. Can't wait for Wednesday when its supposed to hit 20°.

mesquite buckeye

Seriously guys, that is one awful winter. Yuck. That is why I don't live there anymore.

Also I like to pick oranges off my tree. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Hey, I pick winter apples, but they are frozen solid like hard balls. Good for the birds to eat, not me though. :D :D  8)

Al_Smith

I got a buddy who  spends the worst of winter in Arizona .He calls about every two weeks .His last call it was about 75-80 degrees when we had 10 below .

Now to me Florida is looking better as I close in on retirement if for nothng else than Jan. and Feb .Those are generally the worst two months .

gspren

I drove past a church today that had this sign out. " Whoever is praying for snow, good job " I would have added "Now stop it"
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

martyinmi

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 10, 2014, 04:47:26 PM
6 inchs or maybe even 10 would not be a big deal in these parts .Poor old Atlanta is not prepared for it nor is the populace .

Lawdy I remember once in Norfolk they got 4 inchs of snow and closed the navy base .

Now all you folks who subscribe to Al Gores' theory how does the great Nobel peace prize winner address this stuff .Maybe the same theory as the idea they make snow out of styrofoam  or some such nonsense .Tried to set it on fire ya know .Made national news too .

Al probabley takes it seriously ,Tipper I'd imagine could care less .This Al laughs and tee hees over the whole idea . :D
Second law of thermodynamics. This planet will continue to get colder. Period. Ain't no stoppin' it!
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Chuck White

Happy Birthday Marty!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chain

This is still 'old man Winter's'  time, it's not spring just yet. And, I remember, a few year ago we had corn 4" high on April 6, and I think it was a Easter weekend. A severe arctic front came through blowing a hard freeze for three days, the twenty degree range, killing all corn..dead.

chevytaHOE5674

-11° this morning here close to the lake. Wife called from 3 miles inland on her way to work and said it was -28°. Brrrrr

curdog

It looks like the snow is actually going to make it this time around. We could get up to 12-14 inches from Wednesday through Thursday. I'm definitely happy, but concerned about some of the areas of eastern nc and sc and ga. Looks like they have the makings of a crippling icestorm. Hope everyone stays safe.

Magicman

We are slightly above freezing at 33°.  The folks North and East of us will not be so fortunate.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wick

It's been snowing all morning here. Big puffy snow. The yard was already covered when I was loading the OWB this morning. Worried about the ice to come, maybe the snow line will stay on top of us, but doesn't look good. Got to be careful what you ask for  :-\. Might need to go pick up a generator.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

wwsjr

We have about 1/4" ice with 2" of snow. 25° now with wind chill 14°. Another round of same ice and snow due tonight. DOT is salting and sanding roads and bridges. High today mid 30's.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Magicman

Sounds like you dodged the bullet Willie.   ;D

mesquite buckeye

Big chill today. 74 and sunny. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

2 above for the low. Up to 17 all ready. But the wind is blowing out there. That will bring it down a few notches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!