iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

UP here our January thru September 2014 has been the coldest on record according to the NWS. Our mean temp is running 4.7° below the long term average.

goose63

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 06, 2014, 04:40:00 AM
There's a name for them hot places. ;D
And no cold beer.  >:( feels like long johns in the morning  round here was 33 here
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

John.Howard

Well, that's it. The long, dry summer has come to an end. It was still 70' on friday. It's been a long time since more than a t-shirt was needed, even outside at night. Then there was heavy rain Saturday morning followed by much cooler air. The first frost on Sunday morning and a sunny day but with highs of only about 53'. Average for the time of year but a bit of a shock after the extended warmth. Raining again so it wont be long before the cracked ground turns back to mud. Autumn is definitely here. The days are noticeably shorter. Dark by about 7pm now. Seems only yesterday we could keep working outside 'til 10:30pm. Before we know it, it'll be night time at 4:30 in the afternoon and another year has passed.

SwampDonkey

Sunny and 68 here today, but was frost in the bushes this morning. That's wet and cold on the hands when the sun hits. :D A bull moose stepped out onto the road when a couple of us was getting our gear together for a day's cutting. Hmm fresh tops to eat. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Almost 10° warmer here this morning,46°. The cornfield was white in places,but the corn looked good. Looks like the frost stayed low. Plants looked nice and green.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Another tropical storm moving straight for us. Maybe some rain. ::)

High in the 80's.. ;D

Ahhhhhhh :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

We had fog and 40's early this morning, that fog was wet. But when the sun came out, it was quite warm. Either way, wet clothes. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A very windy day,but no sun, 63° for a high. Tomorrow maybe warmer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We had the heat on in the RV for 3 weeks and now the AC is on here at home.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Wind driven rain here today, good time to stay home. :D

chevytaHOE5674

Snow last night... Daytime highs have only been running in the mid 40's.

thecfarm

Another windy day. Almost 70° today.  8) A record?

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Look out downstream, guys. This Simon deal is big and wet. High in the 70's today and 0.68" in the rain shadow at Redington. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I did not have a chance to work outside today. But I think it was a no sweat day here.  :)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Fear not, it won't last. We had trouble getting up to 70 today here in the desert. Forget 100's, I wonder if we will hit 90 again this fall. Time to get those greenhouses closed up for the winter... :-\ :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on October 09, 2014, 10:03:29 PM
Fear not, it won't last. We had trouble getting up to 70 today here in the desert. Forget 100's, I wonder if we will hit 90 again this fall. Time to get those greenhouses closed up for the winter... :-\ :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

Down to 70, you must be freezing, did you put on your long johns?......
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

mesquite buckeye

I was thinking about it. I was a little cold. :snowball:

Today low 80's and perfect. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Magicman

After being spoiled with a few weeks of pleasant temperatures, this mess is brutal.  smiley_sweat_drop

Does anyone want to adopt me  ???   :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Mamma !!!   :'(

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What are they after.....Salt?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I suspect that it was salt or some mineral because there were roadsigns warning motorist to slow down.  They were either nubbing off some sort of short grass or biting the dirt. 

Thank You Sponsors!