iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

wind chills going to -40 overnight. think i'll take a note or two from the food thread and stay in....maybe even away from the doors.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Magicman

Our forecast is for a high of 77° tomorrow and 35° Thursday.  :-\   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim_Rogers

It's snowing here again now. Suppose to warm up to 46° tomorrow and again this coming weekend.
We'll see if they're right this time.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

coxy

snow stopped and now it raining its only 20 out go figure  this winter has been a bummer  >:( >:( >:(

thecfarm

Snowing here now. Seems to be a fine snow for now. The wind is a blowing again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

@Jim_Rogers wondering if you ever got your Case going again?

coxy

well it finely stopped doing every thing its still 20 but all in all got another 8in of crap to deal with  the south is looking better and better for me to go to  ;D

thecfarm

We might of got 3 inches of snow and just a little rain,just as the TV said we would. All ready 26°. Maybe it will get into the 40's. Than a cool down,but right back up again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

We still have around 2½ feet of snow on the ground and were blessed yesterday with an additional couple of inches and to top it off, we got a dose of freezing rain!  :-\

Got up this morning to 30°!   8) :) 8) :) 8) :) 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Buckshot00

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Hilltop366 on March 03, 2015, 08:55:12 PM
@Jim_Rogers wondering if you ever got your Case going again?
Not yet, mechanics are all busy driving dump truck hauling snow when not working their regular jobs.
Jim Rogers

mesquite buckeye

Big cold snap here. Shipped all the hot air to North Dakota. :(

64 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

goose63

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on March 04, 2015, 10:27:55 AM
Big cold snap here. Shipped all the hot air to North Dakota. :(

64 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball

It ain't got here yet 20 below wind chill trying chase it back south
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

drobertson

Just saying you guys up north, my hats off to you,, not sure how you put up with it, guess it's just part of it,, we just about got a melt yesterday, relatively speaking, and now it's a blowing good, thought the sleet would last longer but transitioned to snow pretty quick, now a waiting game to see how much we get,

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

goose63

That's it @Raider Bill I un friend you I'm gonna call up @DanG  have him put some ICE CUBES down your shorts

goose

wwsjr

Freezing rain, sleet and snow headed our way. Low predicted 24° tonight, 15° tomorrow night. It is March, I should have my garden planted by now!
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

sandhills

Quote from: goose63 on March 04, 2015, 01:00:48 PM
That's it @Raider Bill I un friend you I'm gonna call up @DanG  have him put some ICE CUBES down your shorts

No pics, it didn't happen  :D :D

Jim_Rogers

I've been working a little bit every day cleaning the snow and "ICE dam" off my shop roof.

Here is today's progress, see above.

Here is what came off:

All that dark stuff with the ice and snow are leaves from the oak trees that hang over the shop roof. I will be cleaning that off next winter before the first snow storm.

Here is what is left to take off:

I think I wrote on another thread that I went to the hardware store and got some of that heat tape you put on your roof to keep the ice dam from backing water up your roof. And how they said to not lay it on top of the ice as that wouldn't work. And how I did and it did work, fine.  I just repositioned the wire to melt this last section.

Hopefully it will by tomorrow or Friday.

I have been using all kinds of tools to break the ice to allow the water to run off and not run in. But by far the best one that works the greatest is my peavey. That really breaks up the ice and you can pry with it too.

Jim Rogers

goose63

Jim try putting ice melt on it works on side walks it should work on the roof 
goose

Raider Bill

Quote from: goose63 on March 04, 2015, 01:00:48 PM

I'm willing to bet DanG has his air conditioning on :D

It's not all fun and games here either. I just mowed my lawn last week and already it's due for another.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

drobertson

raider, now you are fun'n  that's not funny man, ;D  been blowing here all day now, wind chill is getting close to brutal,  looks like close to a blizzard,  Ozarks kinda blizzard, not a northern one of course,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

chevytaHOE5674

Temp climbed all the way UP to 3° today but with the wind chill it felt like -30°. A good bit of snow yesterday and last night, then all morning today it blew all over and now its starting to snow again...

dgdrls

get ready again my friends.

DGDrls

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: goose63 on March 04, 2015, 02:41:18 PM
Jim try putting ice melt on it works on side walks it should work on the roof

Tried that didn't work very well or not fast enough for me.

Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!