iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Andries,those logs look 3 feet across.
A wonderful day here. Sun all day,no rain!!!
I went and picked strawberries today. I think it was almost 14 pounds.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

107 with rumors of monsoon rain. I'll believe it when it is on the ground. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Last week they were blat'n and whine'n on the news that strawberries were late and not a good crop this year. I see wild ones already to pick along the road side and the wild raspberries have lots of fruit setting up, the best I've seen in years. Blueberries bushes have lots of berries to.

Sunny again today, stiff breeze. Deer flies are not as active today, but they were yesterday in swarms.

Taters should be in bloom next week. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

The gnats will carry you away.  It is bad hot. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Another wonderful day here. The wind was blowing,so that kept the flies away. Looks like rain on Sunday,my day off.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

It's definitely been hot lately ,with temps hanging around mid to upper 90s.  Yesterday the humidity was actually a little lower, so the heat index was actually below the air temperature,  but still around 95. Looks to be a little cooler this weekend, and may actually get back into the 80s. We could use some rain, starting to have fires again, and it's way too hot to be dealing with them again.

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Another full arch rainbow was seen here at The C Farm. Tried to rain a few times,but not even enough to wet the ground.

sawguy21

Still 30C on the front porch, it hit 36 this afternoon. We have a total fire ban, this warm weather is going to stick around for at least two weeks. Big problem is the reservoirs and rivers are running low, spawning fish are really struggling. We are not on water rationing....yet.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Andries

Sawguy - the CBC national news carried details about your heatwave in BC.
What's going on out there? Are you trying to compete with California?
Quote from: sawguy21 on June 26, 2015, 11:33:30 PM
..... . We are not on water rationing....yet.
You people on the Wet Coast are usually wetter than drenched all winter, and trying to dry out in the summer, and yet there's talk of water rationing? yikes!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

chevytaHOE5674

Been getting a few days with high temps in the 70's but had just as many with highs in the 50's. Last few nights have been in the low 40's, and we've had plenty of rain. Nothing is really growing very well, hay crop looks to be the worst I can remember, garden has been planted for 3 weeks now and everything is the same height as when it was planted, lawn only requires mowing once every 2 weeks or so. Be another summer that never really happened.

curdog

The next few days are only going to get to the upper 80s.  With pretty good cloud cover and a little breeze, it's feeling a lot better than it has been in the upper 90s.  Now if we can get a little rain we'd be in better shape. Today was supposed to be pretty rainy, but the rain chances keep getting less and less. But at least it's not 100.

Magicman

We got a small shower this AM, and the temps are supposed to only be in the high 80°'s next week.

I am scheduled to some some very large ERC logs. (according to the customer)  ;D 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buckshot00

High 95 low 80.  Chance of pm showers.  Repeat everyday. :D

nmericle53

Hot hot hot. Grass is mowed before more predicted rain. Looked like it was going to rain cats and dogs (old saying) now sun is out. Good old east Texas weather.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

thecfarm

chevy,sounds just like Maine weather. My cukes stayed at the 2 inch height for 2 weeks.

SwampDonkey

Not a good summer for cukes at all, so far. But I'm glad it's cool for working.  ;D

sawguy21

41C (105.8F)on the veranda this afternoon. I am drinking iced tea by the gallon. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

azmtnman

The Arizona monsoon is here!  8) 8) 8) We have had a decent amount of rain this spring, but we got a good, regional thunderstorm today!
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

mesquite buckeye

Of which we got just enough to make the roof leak.

Oh well, mañana. 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Should be an all day rain today. My day off too. Looks like I won't be working outside today.

curdog

Got half an inch of rain yesterday, and cooled off to the mid 60's last night.  First time I've slept with the windows open in a while. Going to be mid 80s with low humidity today,  so we're finally getting a little break from the heat.

mesquite buckeye

102 and steamy (for us). ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

The monsoon is on! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :snowball:

thecfarm

Sun is out bright. Looks to be a cool week,except for one day.

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!