iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

The sun is out bright at 18°
Merry Christmas everyone.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Crisp and clear.

Just 10° here this morning with bright sunlight!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

Starting tomorrow after noon into Fri. 12+ inch of snow 50 mph winds this could be fun :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

curdog

Around 50 today,  but looking at the forecast,  should be mid 60s by Saturday. But at least we have a dry day or two before the rain starts again. 

Old Greenhorn

Awake since 2:30am, up at 3:30, could not sleep, life problems were just rolling around in my head. Anyway it was 28f this morning, too bad it was overcast at 6:15 when the space station flew right over the house. Couldn't see it. An hour later it broke and we had a mostly sunny day in the mid 30's. 2 days of nice weather like that coming up, then more rain/snow/junk. It was nice to have the day with family and rest my back. I'm gonna try to get some more progress on my shed done and more wood to mill for it, but I think I have to cut another tree for a decent saw log. This back problem is healing way too slowly. Getting old ain't for sissies, as my Dad used to say.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

22 degrees F at 4:30am. Was supposed to be 'mostly sunny' today. Full overcast and 85% humidity at 7:30. Temp is rising but very damp air. I am really having a hard time motivating to get down in the woods. Damp, cloudy, and cold, my least favorite weather. Maybe it will get better, I have a lot to do.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: goose63 on December 25, 2018, 04:23:51 PM
Starting tomorrow after noon into Fri. 12+ inch of snow 50 mph winds this could be fun :snowball:
Same UP here. 12" of system snow, winds 50-60mph and lake effect snow to go with. Waves on the lake could be 15-20 foot.

Andries

Quote from: goose63 on December 25, 2018, 04:23:51 PM
Do you have time to stock up on supplies @goose63
Things can drift up badly with that strong wind . . . .
Were getting a touch of the same system too Goose. 
That Colorado low is passing mostly South of us, but we'll get 6 to 10 inches of snow and a bit of wind. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

goose63

Andries ayup went to town and got the eges and bacon should be good to go for a few days.

Starting to snow hard now thy gave us a upgrade 15 in to 24in :new_year:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Andries

So, no problem.
Just remember to close the door, right?
:D  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

lxskllr

Kinda warm today; ~45°. Good part is I got to run my saws all day. Bad part is it was mostly clearing vines and stickers off of fence line. Terrible. Just a rat's nest of trash and trouble. My shoulders are sore from swinging the saw around.

SwampDonkey

Been near 0 here every morning the last few days and no warmer than the teens. Wind kicked up here at 4:00 am. I was up to the washroom at that time so I stuffed the furnace while I was up. Then of course I am wide awake, so here I am with coffee. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

The sun eventually broke through around 10:30 yesterday morning and the high at the mill hit 39F. I was working in rolled up shirt sleeves when I quit for the day and soaked in sweat. :) nice for a change, I needed that! I think I got a lot done because I could not keep my eyes open at 9pm last night and hit the sack. Slept until 6:30 today for the first time in a long time. Wife is sick with the flu, I think, and I believe I am fighting it. Thousands around here have it now including my 3 grandsons.
 Today is supposed to be a little sunnier, but cooler with 35 for the high. I have some logs to mill and a wall and roof to finish. Hopefully I make headway because we are supposed to get another inch of !@#$%^ snow, Sleet, and RAIN beginning tomorrow before dawn and lasting through the day with a high of 47. I'd rather have this than what the folks in the Dakota's are getting. I'll be happy to shut down for the winter if I could just get the shed closed in and the tools stored safely.
 Here's Hoping!
Tom

Chuck White

Just 8° here this morning, calling for freezing rain tonight!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Pulphook

Ditto weather Downeast: up, down, down, up. Never get acclimated to anything. Hey it's supposed to be winter.
Now for you it's dark, clear, in the low teens with....ready ?....freezing rain then steady rain in the high 40's F.
Whoe is us.... ::)
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

thecfarm

Snow,maybe an inch,so far. Got up when it was dark,and have been busy on the FF since than. 20°,suppose to get up into the 30's and change over to rain. :(  Maybe 2 inches,maybe more. Depends on that fine line across the state of Maine. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Had about 4" of heavy wet snow yesterday am then it changed to rain and rained most of the day and melted the new snow and turned everything into slush. Got cold overnight so now things are coated in ice and it's just ugly out. Cows have 3" of hard slush and ice froze to them and look miserable. Had to get a hammer to knock the ice off the gates to get out into the field.

lxskllr

55° and flood warnings. Again... Worst winter ever. Seems like I say that every year anymore, and the worst part is I'm right. Every year is objectively worse than the last  :^/

SwampDonkey

Snowing here since about 8:00 am and 10F, a long ways from rain. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

I've been sitting here contemplating building a fire. Though it's warm outside, My house holds cold pretty well. I just opened the door instead. Let some warm air in. Almost January...  :^S

lxskllr

Decided to have it both ways. Door's open, and I have a fire going. Had a chill I couldn't shake, and the outside air smells good. This would be an amazing day in September.

SwampDonkey

Snowed all day, but not much accumulation. Plow even went, musta needed to sharpen the blade. :D Last year it was a struggle to get plowed here the next day. We had an election this fall, I guess my vote counted for something. :D

Chuck White

Just windy with drizzle, off and on all day here, the ground is bare except for shaded or sheltered areas!

WDH

Last night, here, the low temp was 70° :).  Very warm and raining.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

This morning it is 30F. I see it has rained on top of the snow. We didn't get a big pile up of snow, this time. ;D :) The neighbors must have needed firewood yesterday, they brought 3 skids from the woods cut fresh off the stump. Had 4 nice sunny days, but gotta do it in the snow. :D

Happy birthday @WDH enjoy the warm winter. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!