iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I was wrong about the deer season. Here it's open Oct. 27 - Nov. 22 and we can hunt Sundays. Bow season is Oct. 6-Nov.22. Hard to keep up when you don't hunt and they keep messing with the seasons.  ::) And apparently if you get an antlerless deer by bow in Zone 27, you can hunt for one by rifle in the remaining rifle season. They don't say doe or buck, because we have some does with antlers to.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I don't even try anymore.There's more expanded zones,bow,youth day,Mainers only,rifle,black powder,and a few more that I don't even know existed.When I was hunting,we just went,25 years ago.Now you better read that rule book from what I can tell.I just ask my stepson.He keeps up on all that and keeps the old man straight so I know when to hitch Boo-Boo.
Kinda warm here.Not like the weather it use to be.I can remember hanging deer up.Would not want to do that now.The weather is way to warm for that now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Been really mild up here for the first week of November. Today a high of 65 F and sun expected after the fog burns off. Will be mild for the next few days and showers off and on. Was 48 F this morning at daylight.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

routestep

I've nevered tried, but Moose hunting in Maine has it's long list of who where when and what sex rules. If you win the lottery.

Woodcarver

Typical Wisconsin weather. 70 degrees the first of the week. Snow forecasted tonight and tomorrow.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Warbird

"Smells like Wisconsin!"

SwampDonkey

Haven't they had 3 feet somewhere around Montana or North Dakota?

moonhill

I was sitting out in the woods, you know it is hard to sit still with mosquitoes flying around.  We have only had a few frost.  This is my first deer season in 15 years.  It is nice to be back out in the woods.  I am looking forward to some cold, crisp mornings with the sun just starting to come up and the birds waking up, with numerous wildlife waking to the day.  It is amazing how much noise one little bird or squirrel can make.  I am not going out this morning, chance of rain and it's too warm.         Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

SwampDonkey

I still notice insects to, moths and crickets mostly. Biting bugs are dormant now, although I see those tiny flies with the blue wool underwear flying about.  ::) Lots of juncos and chickadees flocked up now in the woods.

SwampDonkey

Little dusting of snow Monday night on Mars Hill, sun poking a hole in the clouds Tuesday morning, Nov 11,08

thecfarm

Rain,rain and more rain.I work a 4 on and 4 off.A couple weeks ago it rained all 4 days when I was working.Than last week it rained 3 days out of the 4 that I was working.I have been working this 4 on and off for 22 years and I have never seen it rain this much.I've been dodging the rain.Seems to come when I'm working.Yesterday we had ALOT of rain.Started out as snow for some and turned to rain for most people.Went over the road in a few places.Again I was working.Streams,ponds,lakes and river are high again.Looks like late April instead of late Nov.I was cutting wood.So soft now in the woods I will have to wait until it dries out,if it does.Might just freeze up first.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sleet in the night and wind, but didn't amount to snot. Today rain at daylight until 9 am, then rain in the afternoon. Sun shining on the horizon before dark. :D

I was just getting used to the colder weather, down the 20's, as it was stiffening up the paths in my woodlot for walking. Yesterday I stood and watched my resident goshawk hover over the aspen forest looking for grouse feeding on buds.  I see him a lot this time of year. :)

tyb525

It was 6 F when I got up at 8 this morning. At 11:00 its 8 F. The wind chill is something like -5. I'm gonna try to go cut some firewood. Brrr.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

SwampDonkey

-15 F here at 8:00 am, calm, sun, good fire going in the furnace.....and shop stove.. ;D

bmill

-8F winds NW 30 gusting to 39. Wind chill -34F.  With the 10 inches of snow we got 3 days ago, it is a blizzard.  :( But there is an upside, my wood furnace is working great and it's a toasty 78f in the house  ;D and my garage is 65 (where the furnace is located). I've been looking at old threads today and have learned a few things.  :P I also ran across the one where Jeff was looking for wood squares for his porch roof and I might just go out to the garage and make mine this afternoon. I've got some OLD burr oak and honey locust.
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

Warbird

Sounds like Alaskan weather, bmill!  Isn't it nice to step inside from such frigid temperatures right into 75 - 80 degrees?

olyman

as they say--colder than a well diggers----throw another log in the furnace!!--id throw some more in the basement to warm up--but id probably freeze up stiff outside!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Warbird

We've had a pretty decent winter up here, so far.  Sadly, I think it is because you guys are getting a lot of the cold air that is normally ours.  It did get down to -10F last night but so far, we haven't had any severe cold snaps yet.

bmill

It's very nice  Our cold (frigid in my book) snap will be over Tuesday, piece of cake. Pretty cold all over.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

sawguy21

We have had record lows and more snow than we are used to in the last week. -12C (mid teens F) at Vancouver airport. Blizzard conditions further up the valley and stinkin' cold in the interior. Just started snowing again.  ::)
Getting around is a real performance. Nobody has winter tires, all seasons at best, and they do not work in our conditions. Add heavy traffic on hills with fresh snow on top of ice.
Karen's son just called to say they are not coming today. It is snowing heavily in their area and he is not comfortable driving.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

bmill
Thanks for that link.

I knew there were colder areas than the -29°F wind chill we are experiencing today.  Up into Canada for sure, as well as in NE IA. Still remember the winter Christmas time that we had the -25°F temps, and the 35-40 mph winds, and don't even want to know what the windchill temp was.  But our well was out, and we were hauling 55 gal drums of water in a trailer behind the Ferguson TO-30 from the neighbors so we could "flush" occasionally. Good to experience...but once was enough.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paul_H

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 21, 2008, 01:30:30 PM
We have had record lows and more snow than we are used to in the last week.

Roy,

how much snow did you get last night?We got under 2 inches and we still have grass poking through in places.
Right now it is clear blue sky with some clouds.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawguy21

We got a couple of inches but it started again an hour ago. You should see more this afternoon.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tyb525

0 F as of 8:20 pm tonight. Hasn't snowed much yet.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

dolittle

We have had 18" of snow in the last 9-1/2 hrs and there is no sign of it stopping.  I have 1.5 miles of plowing.

Thank You Sponsors!