iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Quote from: snowstorm on March 30, 2011, 07:52:07 AM
the weather guy says big snow storm coming.....a foot or more and maybe another next week. went snowmobiling monday. stratton to rangley still 3 to 4 ft up there. talking to a guy in rangley said last he knew over 3ft on ice on the lake

Where are you located?????

Bruce

Autocar

We have had a northeast wind for better then a week, nothing colder then that in our area. The wheat got top dressed yesturday because there was frost in the ground. For sure I am ready for warm weather !
Bill

snowstorm

Quote from: submarinesailor on March 30, 2011, 07:53:31 AM
Quote from: snowstorm on March 30, 2011, 07:52:07 AM
the weather guy says big snow storm coming.....a foot or more and maybe another next week. went snowmobiling monday. stratton to rangley still 3 to 4 ft up there. talking to a guy in rangley said last he knew over 3ft on ice on the lake

Where are you located?????

Bruce
maine

beenthere

Are you anywhere near Rangeley, ME ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

snowstorm

a bit over a 100 miles. 15miles inland from the coast. was in rangley monday snowmobiling. its still winter up there or more like mid winter

SwampDonkey

The weatherman in Presque Isle, Maine said the storm was going to be pretty low impact up here and what came was going to be gone by the end of it because it's going to be 40 degrees.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

snowstorm

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 30, 2011, 05:51:01 PM
The weatherman in Presque Isle, Maine said the storm was going to be pretty low impact up here and what came was going to be gone by the end of it because it's going to be 40 degrees.
most of the state it says 8 to 15" with high winds   way north a little less

Magicman

45° this morning in Central Mississippi.   Brrrrrrrrr.  It was in the 80's last week.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I have less than a foot in the fields. Just up the road from me the fields are bare.No snowmobling around here today.I'm about 45 minutes from Rangeley area.Even 15 minutes from me I can see the difference.I travel about 45 minutes south from here to Auburn.Not much snow at all. Took the wife about 45 minutes past work,Portland,hardly any snow at all.More snow is coming, depends on the storm track.May is not to far off.Sure not like last year at this time. No snow,no mud,all dry and temps in the 60's day after day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

240b

The weather radio sounds like a broken record... snow, light snow and chance of rain, a chance of snow ,snow, light snow 8-12".  this is starting to get really old.. we still have 2' in the woods.  the roads are in this state of semi froze mud. The town had the grader out trying to smooth up the worst of it  so they can plow the foot of wet "stuff" in the morning.  if this keeps up I am have to get some of those depression pills.....   

Raider Bill

We just had a tornado blast through at 70 mph with 102 mph winds! It's in Tampa bay now rechargeing over the water. South Tampa's about to get smacked.
Been raining all week.

Just saying so I can point back at this post one day to prove I don't always brag about our weather and to state it's not always sunny and hot in Florida. It is though 77 degrees.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

SwampDonkey

Not much snow in Bangor, Maine today, maybe 4-6" in the woods and some areas nothing. It was 50 F down there and probably 48 up here. Too darn warm to snow.

Yeah Cfarm, we was cutting brush 3rd week of April last spring, won't this year.

Had no fire since 6:00 am this morning and don't intend to have one before 6:00am tomorrow. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

snowstorm

the key word is ......was 50.......36 and dropping now. just looked at the radar intellacast has a pretty good one. its in color green for rain blue for snow. its turned to blue in mass

isawlogs

Great .. more snow is all I need, have lots of room to put it  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Suppose to be 40 tomorrow.  ::) I thought ice melted above 32. ;)

isawlogs

15cm forcasted for here tomorow ...  http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/caqc0332  this will bring up my local weather forcast.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

snowstorm

32 and snowing 12"+ coming

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on April 01, 2011, 05:24:38 AM
32 and snowing 12"+ coming
Get out and earn some of that money you made this winter! You know that you got rich plowing this year :D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

SwampDonkey

33 here at this hour, and not a snowflake in sight. Getting warmer as the day progresses. ;D

thecfarm

32°  and snowing. Great snow for making snowmen,snowballs and forts.  ;D I don't have to go to work until Monday so I can watch the snow come down.did look odd to see everything white again. May is not far off.Last year temps were in the 60's just about everyday,which is not normal for this area.Was talking to a 30 year old at work and he can't remember it snowing in April.Almost had to give him a "I had to walk to school 10 miles up hill both way" speech.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

IN 2007 we had 20" at the end of April, in 2008 it never stopped snowing until the end of April. Was he away back then? :D :D

SwampDonkey

37 degrees and steadily climbing, no sign of anything white in the air. ;D

isawlogs

Its snowing  ::)   again/still/more/ ::) 

Raider, hope that the tornado did not do too much damage , we can yap all we want about the weather but when it turns sour like that it ain't no fun for nobody.

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Been snow in the air here for the last 20 minutes, doesn't look bad so far, pretty sparse and it's mild. ;)

Warbird

-9 F this morning.  *grumble*

Thank You Sponsors!