iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Was out to a Dr visit for the wife yesterday. We got 2-3 inches of rain. That brought the water level up. The wind is blowing hard now,the house is creaking.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We had 1.9" here in the gauge. The creeks are all high and the woods roads slimy. ;D Wind here to and gusty.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Rain here today. The weather man said it was going to come in at day break. So I was hoping he meant in Portland 1½ hours away. I got up at at 5 and it started to rain in just about 10 minutes. Been a little on the cold side here,the wind has been blowing. Black flies came out at 2 pm yesterday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The Oklahoma folks have had a rough couple of days and some places also got rain big time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Was dry all day here at work until 4:00 pm on the way home, then it rained for an hour. Done now and suppose to be dry for two days coming.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

paul case

Quote from: Magicman on May 01, 2012, 03:21:17 PM
The Oklahoma folks have had a rough couple of days and some places also got rain big time.

That is just west of me. Lots of county roads closed and the local weather says they have gotten 8 to 10 inches of rin in the last 3 days.
We aare still good here.
Sorry to hear you guyys down south are still so dry. We went through most of the winter like  that, but have been getting good rains since March. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

PC, my Sister lives in Ponca City and I was talking with her this AM about the massive amount of rain that they had gotten.

We are dry, but I hope that I can finish that Cherry/Oak/SYP job tomorrow before it rains.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pinebugsrus

Ray,

Does it have to drop below freezing to kill that early batch of black flies? 
Quote from: thecfarm on May 01, 2012, 10:58:05 AM
Rain here today. The weather man said it was going to come in at day break. So I was hoping he meant in Portland 1½ hours away. I got up at at 5 and it started to rain in just about 10 minutes. Been a little on the cold side here,the wind has been blowing. Black flies came out at 2 pm yesterday.
Don't know what I wanna be when I grow up.  She says....GROW UP ALREADY!!

SwampDonkey

Working in the hardwoods yesterday I found a couple ephemeral pools in depressions. I didn't here any frogs in them, but in a distance I could here frogs. We had close to 4" of rain last week, so it filled them pools up. It has not been all that warm lately. Keeps the black flies at bay. Still see snow in the ditches in the outback. Snowed over the weekend to. ;D

thecfarm

pinebugrus,if and I mean if the freezing temps did kill the black flies, there will be more to replace them. But the birds and bats need something to eat.

Chris Burchfield

We're running about eight inches below on rainfall in Memphis.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

thecfarm

We may see the sun this afternoon. Have not seen it 3 days. Been rain 2 of them. One day was real cloudy and had a couple small showers. Yesterday rained until about 4pm and than came back in as a light drizzle after that. Just hope it remembers to rain in June. rivers and brooks look like they should.

SwampDonkey

Just mist and fog here today, not even a 1/10" or a puddle. Woods was dry all week except a small bit of showers Tuesday I think it was in the late afternoon. Rivers and brooks are high here.

thecfarm

It rained here Wed,was cloudy yesterday and rained in the night hard and still raining now. I mowed the wet hole down by the road and it is some wet now. The way it should be for this time of year. Trying to get some more of the garden in. The peas,spinach,beet greens are up and just sitting there nice and green waiting for the sun.We sell a few veggies so need to get things in and going. If we get it in before others can get it from thier own garden we sell alot more.

Magicman

I had a large framing lumber saw job scheduled to start Saturday.  Looks like rain will postpone the start until Monday.   :-\   I know that the customer will be disappointed.

WDH

It actually rained a little here today.  Unbelievable.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

Well, it rained just north of you last Monday too. Enough to wet the grass. I sure hope the creeks don't flood with all the rain. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

redbeard

80 today here 90 miles north of Seattle,  I think it was 45 degree last Sunday!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

SwampDonkey

Was nice Monday, been rain and drizzle ever since. Not much to it, just wet. Friday and the weekend looks good though.  8)

Magicman

:) I woke up to a very nice day on the Alabama Gulf Coast this morning.  Looks like this few days was perfect timing. 

Bogue Chitto

My family loves it there. Orange Beach  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8).  Have FUN MM !!!

thecfarm

Lucky you Magicman. You hit the weather just right.
We had out first big thunder shower last might,even woke me up.looks like the next few days will be good. Would like to see it dry up some. But only some. I think more rain for next Wed, Thursday.

WDH

We had a very nice storm blow through, finally.

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on May 17, 2012, 05:53:46 AM
Lucky you Magicman. You hit the weather just right. 
Yup, we hit it just right.  I haven't looked ahead to see what next week looks like when I am back sawing.

Thank You Sponsors!