iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I had to go to Miami this morning, it was 78 with some clouds and showers.
Now, I am 100 miles north of there 82 degrees, a few clouds but mostly sunny.
That Raider guy sure can be mean.  :D

Raider Bill

Quote from: Norm on January 15, 2013, 08:08:39 AM
Have I mentioned I'm this close to visiting your for a couple of months... :D

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 15, 2013, 11:30:13 AM

Norm,

Like what's his name on let's make a deal

"Come On Down"!!!

Actually Swamp you too we'll be like the 3 Amigos

Bring tanning oil, cozy drink holder, bail money and lot's of dollar bills 8) 8) 8)

smiley_deadheader_ride_alligat smiley_deadheader alligator smiley_fiddler
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Magicman

After tomorrow, our "weather predictor" has six days of sunshine in the forecast.  The lows will be in the 20's & 30's, but the sun will be shining.

smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun  For six days.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 15, 2013, 11:35:23 AM
Quote from: Norm on January 15, 2013, 08:08:39 AM
Have I mentioned I'm this close to visiting your for a couple of months... :D

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 15, 2013, 11:30:13 AM

Norm,

Like what's his name on let's make a deal

"Come On Down"!!!

Raider....that's "PRICE IS RIGHT"   :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

We have a few inches of snow coming,depends,won't know until tomorrow night. No snow way up North by the border.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Ray,

Get a sack of money and go see Raider Bill.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

WDH,I sent Swampdonkey a PM.   :D   He's going to pick me up on the way by.We going to carpool together to Bill's place. We'll be the 4 Amigos.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

HI Guys.  :snowball:

I haven't cracked yet.  ;D 8)

Hey, it actually got warm enough to thaw the ground today after dinner. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chain

We had a little taste of winter about dark yesterday, After light snow all afternoon a band of light rain came through and turned the snow into ice, lots of hazards.

I'm to be a pall bearer today for a childhood friend, a forty year vet. Devoted most all his life to the military, he was one of but many true patriots of our Country. They're going to bring in a Color Guard, [VFW volunteers from Poplar Bluff, Mo.] I hope they make it in time for the 10:00 a.m. service.

Magicman

Thanks to your Veteran Friend, and condolences to you and to his family, chain.

Be safe on that ice.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chain

Raider Bill

I got the GF blowing up air mattresses for everyone!

Looks like another hot and sunny one again here today.
Leave for Scottsdale this afternoon at least I get some dry heat there.....
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

clww

Sorry about the loss of your friend, chain.

Raining here since Sunday night. The forecast is for more through Thursday. Everything is soaked and muddy.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

chain,sorry to hear of your loss and hope the others were able to make it  through the bad weather.

RaiderBill I do hope you're getting the grill ready while you're watching her.  :D

Snowing here,but a fine snow is falling.

Magicman

The weather guy says that we have gotten 7.22 inches of rain this year, which is almost averaging ½" per day.   :o

We have snow forecast for after midnight tonight, but in the high 40's tomorrow will take care of that.

SwampDonkey

A light snow began falling just before dark, but I don't think it has amounted to much. Looking at the wood pile I'd say about 1/4" and doesn't seem to be doing anything now. Going to be dropping temps the next couple days, no colder than the coldest so far. "Much ado about nothing."  Shop is nice and warm, so is the house. Nothing to complain about. Except 80 spools I have to build. :D ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

Been running right at freezing this whole week. This next week there calling for single digets so many we can get back in the woods  ;).
Bill

Magicman

We have cold but clear sailing for the next week.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

POSTON WIDEHEAD

IT'S POURING rain and I mean POURING! The wind is blowing the rain side ways and they are predicting 2 inches of snow tonight.

I can't take much more of this MISSISSIPPI weather. Got sawing to do. >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Just move NE and endure the snow and cold. No more Mississippi mud. :D

Slab Slicer

Headed for a good freeze in the coming week. I'll be milling then, and hoping the freeze lasts so I can get in the woods for more of those blow downs I've been eyeing. White and Red oak.  :) Right now I have a red oak crotch sitting on the mill just waiting to be slabbed. I can at least work on that tomorrow once I get home from that 8 hour a day job. :(
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

thecfarm

At 6am was -3 here. That will tighten things up.

SwampDonkey

At daylight it was -13 here, now still -5. I don't feel a thing, just wood heat. :D :D

Chuck White

At 7:30 this morning, we had -8°F, now it's on the hot side of 0°, it's all the way up to +7°

We've been stringing sap line here for a few days, got over 2,000ft up and then the cold weather hit.  We want to get another 1,000ft up.

Not good for creature comfort.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Yeah a balmy +3 now. ;D This is just average winter temp for here. :)

Thank You Sponsors!