iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kentucky Show - Anyone going

Started by MaddiesDad, September 12, 2008, 08:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaddiesDad

Anyone going to the Kentucky Wood Expo down in Madisonville, Kentucky?  There's a giant logging truck show and stuff on Saturday I think. 

MaddiesDad

cantcutter

I was planning to, but couldn't keep those dates open.... I will be sawing both days now.
here is the link though if anybody wants the information.
http://www.kfia.org/kywoodexpo.cfm

Bibbyman

I told Mary if we got our work caught up we may go.  I guess she wants to go.  She worked so hard yesterday she drug off to bed at 7:30!  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ADAMINMO

Tom_in_Mo and a couple other Baker boys will be there.

Bibbyman

Cousin Tom's going to be there!   :D
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Well,  we went.  Got there Friday about 1:00.  Not very many people there.  There were fewer exhibits than two years ago.  It looked like the exhibitors that came back cut their presentation in half.

We visited with the Baker boys and the Wood-Mizer guys and Ed Zimmerman of the EZ-Boardwalk mill.  Mary talked politics with a shaver salesman from Connecticut.

We left about 4:00 and went to the Cracker Barrel and had a late dinner or early supper.  Then we went to the motel room and Mary yelled at the TV until bedtime. 

We got up this morning and decided there wasn't anything that we needed to return to the show to see so we headed home.
Sawing since '94

MaddiesDad

I wasn't there two years ago, but was at the one last year (other side of Kentucky).  This year there was only like 400 people on Friday.  Saturday was very busy and there was a pretty good logging truck show that I didn't make it out to.  It did seem smaller then the one last year.  The show last year was very busy but I don't know if that was location related, or what.  There were a LOG more band mills set up last year, I only counted 3 this year. Most of the booths were filled and I THINK all of the outside booths (spots) were filled.  I'm hopeful that next year will be better. 
The New Orleans Show next year should be interesting....

Thank You Sponsors!