iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New shop! :D

Started by OlJarhead, October 30, 2020, 02:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Howdy,

It's been a while so I thought I would share my latest news :)  I built a new shop at our new home in Pasco WA :D  Always wanted a real shop and with the big move back to the Tri-Cities where we built a new home I added a 24x36 shop!  Here are a few pics of it today (I'm moving in but have some work to do still).

The ceiling was only R11 so we added some R21 under it and drywalled that in.  The walls are also only R11 so I'm going to frame them out and put in R21 there also.  This way the heat and AC won't have to work as hard ;)

My hope it to start using it in the next week or less!  Can't wait to get back to working with wood as it's been a good 5 months or so.
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

alan gage

That's great! Hard to beat a new shop. It always feels so good to get everything setup and usable again. Enjoy it while it's still relatively clean and organized!

Alan

Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

K-Guy

Very Nice!! I'm jealous.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

btulloh

Very nice.  I've got shop envy.  Again.
HM126

Bruno of NH

Very  nice Sir
I like the open ceiling room
You won't have to worry about poking the ceiling with stuff.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

51cub

Very nice! I want one! Enjoy!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Magicman

Congrats Erik on the move and new home/shop.  We drove through there last year on our PNW trip.  move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stavebuyer

Nice tall walls...good place to put a lean to when you get the new space filled ;]

moodnacreek

Beautiful. I had one once. The I went full time sawmill and that clean wood working shop became the repair shop for all the machinery, what a mess.

sawguy21

Very nice, have fun with it!! Good to hear from you again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

Wow.  I have lived in places that are not that nice!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

samandothers

That is excellent!  Did you build or contract?  Like the trusses they leave it looking open and roomy.

Old saw fixer

Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

OlJarhead

Thanks all.  It's been a dream for a long long time :)

I had our home builder run this build too.

Still moving in and much to do but starting to use it now and did a could small projects ;)

Rosettes for my sisters door frame and a solar panel mount for our camper.

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Great shop, good times ahead. I delayed mine this year because of COVID, bought a Polaris SxS for firewood gathering instead. Just had to spend that money. :D :D Next year hopefully. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!