iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo c670

Started by ford62783, January 04, 2010, 10:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford62783

anyone have a echo c670 ive not heard anything about these saws but can get one for 550 thanks
timberjack 240e

ladylake

They're a really well built saw that cuts and handles good. Most new Echo saws and a lot of others come set too lean from the factory. Either you or the dealer need to pull the limiter caps and make sure it's not set to lean. To lean they will melt down and bog easy when cutting. When set right Echo saws have a nice wide powerband.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

DanG

I've had my 670 for several years now and it has proven to be a fine saw.  It is strong and dependable.  I frequently run a 32" bar on it and it handles that as well as you could expect a saw of that size to do.  It might perform even better if I took Steve's advice and fiddled with the limiter caps, but I haven't and I'm still happy with it. ;) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ladylake

Dan   I figured you'd pipe in on this one. I think your saw didn't get set as lean as the newer ones being a few years old or maybe you have a good dealer that set it up right . Out of my herd of saws my CS510 and CS6700 come out to the woods with me the most.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

DanG

Yeah Steve, I think I have the best dealer anywhere, and he is the reason I went with Echo.  If he was a Stihl or Husky dealer, that's what I would have.  I'm still trying to make myself part with the money to get something between the 670 and that sweet little 300. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

miking

My dealer must also have removed the limiter caps and adjusted them on my 680 and 530 before I brought them home because they ran fine as is. I have since done some minor tweaking on them, but they both compared well  to similarly powered Stihls. My new CS370 on the other hand does not have any dealer tuning so that will be an interesting tuning comparison for me. I bought that one off the shelf at another dealer in a year end sale, but the first two were bought at a Echo/Stihl saw dealer and those guys recommended the Echo saws over the Stihls and gave them a once-over before I picked them up to get them running right. I didn't know what all that meant at the time, but maybe now I do. Mike
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

SawTroll

That saw has a very low power to weight ratio  >:( - I would stay a long way away!   :)
Information collector.

ladylake

Troll  Why do you keep commenting on a saw you've never run.  I own a Echo CS6700 and 2  71cc Stihl 044 saws and the 67cc Echo cuts almost as fast as the 044 saws with the same bar and chain.  I've did timed cuts a lot of times and the Echo will take 20 seconds and the 044's will take 19 . I wouldn't by any means call the Echo down on power with those results.  And the Echo is almost 1# lighter on a good scale.   Steve

SawTroll

Quote from: ladylake on January 07, 2010, 04:36:20 AM
Troll  Why do you keep commenting on a saw you've never run. ....

I just posted a simple fact that isn't obvious on most of Echos current web-sites - they hold the cards tight for obvious reasons. ::)
Information collector.

MN Ripper

Late reply but better late than never! ;D  I've got a 670 too, I've only had mine a year and its just coming up on its 13th cord of wood and I've been more than pleased with it.  I just used it last weekend when the temps were below 0 F and it ran & cut great just like it did in the heat of summer.  Echo bar oil is like pouring caramel in those temps but if you get it in the tank its good to go after that.   I could of bought a saw that cost a lot more but its not worth it to me.  I just cut firewood from large hardwood logs that tree services deliver that are to large for them to run in the chipper.  I run the 24" bar the most.  It more than serves my needs.  Cutting is no longer a long time consuming chore-just the splitting of the rounds is now.  Someday I'll upgrade to hydraulic splliter.  8)
Echo CS-670, CS-330T, Stihl 028 WB

peppone

in my experience I tested that Echo's chainsaws are very well done in all the particulars.
Good balance, fast running engine, magnesium carter engine, good acceleration and quite light.
From a mechanical point of view I consider Echo chainsaws at the same level than Husqvarna (for example) and in some case even a little better.
for my work I use very often for cutting the branches an Echo 4200 and I also own an Echo CS 8002 and I'm very satisfied.
Besides, someone (excuse me I don't remenber the name) was comparing the Echo 670 with a Sthil and he sayd that there is a very little difference between them in time of cutting: I agree with him and consider also that the Echo is more or less 5cc engine smaller than the Stihl mentioned above...!

Excuse me for my bad english please...
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

ford62783

thanks all i may get this aw after all i didnt know how well they where buit no one around here use them much mostly stihl and husky
timberjack 240e

peppone

Quote from: ford62783 on January 10, 2010, 06:49:16 AM
thanks all i may get this aw after all i didnt know how well they where buit no one around here use them much mostly stihl and husky

belive me: echo are good saws!
between the best in the world.
saluti
peppone

peppone

and they are also not very expensive.
saluti
peppone

beenthere

Let us know how it works out for you.
I assume you have a good dealer close by, who knows the saws and can help you keep it running (if that is ever needed).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!