iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making Something Useful out of a Junk Slab

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 14, 2012, 04:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 16, 2012, 11:42:35 AM
Quote from: samandothers on December 16, 2012, 09:42:43 AM
I thought the original was going to be on of David's benches, or in this case a stool.  He had already made the seat indentation!

Way to make lemonaide from a possible lemon!
IT would make a nice milking stool. My butt would fit right on it......but I have nothing to milk.  :D

Then how abut a milling stool? You do have things to mill.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

You can milk those goats that you were going to build a slab fence for.

Now, go do your homework.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

I had a guy came to my mill from a molding shop. That is he made wooden moldings for carpenters to use to trim out houses.
This customer of his wanted some siding reproduced that was made by a band mill that had a nick in the blade.
This nick created a lump on the surface of the siding every few inches.
They wanted me to reproduce the siding with the nick.

I took my setting tool and bent some teeth over and tried to do it. Well of course I bent them the wrong way and made a groove. But he took the sample and the carpenter liked it but again he wanted a hump not a groove.

So I bent the teeth straight and that produced a hump.

I got the job and had to produce hundreds of feet of lumber with humps spaced out right and it wasn't that easy to do. But I did it.

And not only did I do it for this carpenter who had build an addition onto a house where he had to match the existing siding, but some years later another carpenter who was repairing some siding on another house in the same neighborhood came over and wanted some siding again with that hump.

It seems this one developer made a whole lot of houses in that area. And he got all the siding from the same place and they all had this tell tale hump on the siding. It seems that everyone liked it and wanted more.

You never know what a mistake will make and when it will come back again and again.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 16, 2012, 08:38:27 PM
Mistakes have led to great discoveries.

So what am I Pop, a Mistake or a Discovery?  say_what
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on December 16, 2012, 09:14:18 PM
Oh, a Discovery, for sure.

Endless discovery. A revelation, you might say.  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 17, 2012, 07:54:15 AM
David is a Supernumerary  ;D.

bat_smailey Now why would you want to cuss m..............wait a minute......I better look up the work.... :P

Wow....thanks Danny....you're to kind.  :)

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on December 17, 2012, 09:16:36 PM
Hey, if the shoe fits............. ;D.

Might have to get special shoes if you have supernumeraries.  :-\

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on December 17, 2012, 07:54:15 AM
David is a Supernumerary  ;D.

That, and also an enigma. Probably an anomaly. But not a recluse. A surfactant?  ???

Thank You Sponsors!