iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We're going to the dogs

Started by Ernie, August 09, 2005, 03:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

crtreedude

Isn't it wonderful when laws are passed by people who have never ran a kennel in their life? Or did anything except spend your money.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

Hold the gate open, Fred. I'm hurrying as fast as I can.  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Dan_Shade

we have stupid stuff like that here too.  In Denver, Colorado, Pitt Bulls have been banned, and are being confiscated and destroyed.

I'm truly amazed that whoever is enforcing this hasn't been "destroyed".  to date, like 280 or so dogs have been killed.

I'm all for dog ownership responsibility, but blanket rules that have no regard for dog handling and training are absolulely wrong.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

crtreedude

I think the key to many of these rules is to make sure someone knows that if they have an anklebitter that tries to bite my ankle, when I kill it, it was their fault, not mine.

Instead of teaching people to be responsible and dealing with those who aren't, we are now telling people all the time "we will make the decisions for you". This of course means all those who can actually handle a little responsiblity are being punished and deprived of their freedoms.

The scary part is, if you don't use it, you lose it, which includes that thing that is between your ears. We are teaching people NOT to think - because the government does such a better job....

So, how did I end up here anyway?

sawguy21

Oh, man, that is over the top. ::) Ernie, you wanna go there and find something constructive for those people to do. Sounds like the types that keep  housebound pampered poodles . Dogs seem to survive just fine sniffing and rolling where we fear to tread so what is the problem.
On second thought, probably a waste of time and fresh air trying to talk to those loonies.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ernie

I just hope that they never find out that my dog loves eating fresh cow pats or they'll make me put diapers on all the cattle >:( >:(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sawguy21

Don't give them any more ideas. Apparently, cows are producing enough methane to poke holes in the ozone layer.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ernie

I know, our pinko government tried to bring in a FART tax to extract more money from cattle farmers.  Fortunately, they weren't successful

Thank You Sponsors!