iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2019 ???

Started by Magicman, March 08, 2019, 08:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtoo747

Cut some more pine 2x4's this week. 

They will be used for building work benches and lumber racks for the garage so i can have access to dry lumber for my projects this winter. 

Also cut some small ERC logs, sapwood was mostly gone but the heartwood was solid for the most part, except for a few ant farms. 

I cut these 1/2" thick and use them to build cedar crates that i have sold to a couple local businesses for displays and resale. I make 3 different sizes. 

I love to mill cedar!

Oliver05262

mtoo    Nice apple boxes !!
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

mtoo747

Quote from: Oliver05262 on October 24, 2019, 10:53:28 PM
mtoo    Nice apple boxes !!
Thanks...people are liking them...i don't care whether they put apples in them or fill them with...??? as long as they buy them! 

Southside

If you put apples in them will you still get Cedar Apple Rust as a result? Sorry, could not help myself.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

alanh

Cut up some pine siding to finish the gable walls on this 12x18 shed kit I`m building, should be dropping it in place and standing things up next week....as long as the over width cops dont spot me.

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday's challenge was to cut a 6x9x18' pine timber, with a bevel.

the timber is a purlin for a car port that will have solar panels on the roof to make electricity for the owners electric car.

here is the profile:

here is one of the three I have to do, the second one didn't come out as good as this one.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

blderman

I've been milling blue pine slabs, beams and posts the last few days.  I am building a large lean to and finishing the slabs to sell for bar tops etc.  I've had my EZ JR for 9 months now and am quickly outgrowing it as I routinely have logs over 30" and currently have a black walnut trunk that is 48" x 12ft which I will probably have to take to someone with a chainsaw setup.  I've been contemplating selling my JR and getting the full size model or an LX150 as I am growing tired of trimming down every tree with a chainsaw.   

WDH

If you believe that sawing is something you will continue to do a lot of in the future, a hydraulic mill will be a game changer for you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

blderman

Quote from: WDH on October 26, 2019, 08:05:32 AM
If you believe that sawing is something you will continue to do a lot of in the future, a hydraulic mill will be a game changer for you.

I know the problem is most hydraulic mills don't cut wide enough and the ones that do are $$$$.  I need a minimum 35" cut width between guides as my pile of 36-42" logs continues to grow. 

Bruno of NH

Cut some tap hole,spalted and ambrosire maple today.
Used a 747 turbo in .055 Cut fast and flat.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Looking good. I am glad to see the 747's working for you Jim.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cjross73

Sawed a couple of 8/4 slabs before the rain came

LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

Brad_bb

Cj, is that red oak, or a fruit tree or?  thumbs-up
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Cjross73

It's red oak, it was headed to the neighbors burn pile
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

richhiway

Cut a order of various thickness and width pine boards today. It was a beautiful warm day here in Upstate NY.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

YellowHammer

I quartersawed some real nice 40" or so red oak logs today.  It made some wide boards, so I could only fit three per layer on the pallet.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

E-Tex

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nebraska

smiley_clappingvery nice.  Mic drop quality there I'd say. 

Stephen1

I am making cookies and charcuterie boards out of Elm . I really like the double pith in some 

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

E-Tex

The ole' "Double-Pith Cookie"

those are nice!
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Stephen1

almost as good as the double stuffed Fudgeo!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

WDH

Are those going in the vacuum kiln?

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Grass Farmer

After 2 years at a friends farm, I finally got my mill home.  First project for myself was some 8/4 walnut slabs. I cut them with Kasco 7/8" 4°.  Bands cut fine till I backed the band into the cant and popped it off  >:(.  I hope I learnt that lesson!  (Probably not)    I want to say thanks to all of you for your collective participation on this forum.  I have learned a lot in the last two years from all the members and their combined knowledge.  But obviously I still have a lot of learning to do!  It is time I stop lurking and start participating.   

The project for this weekend will be some Pignut Hickory.  I will be trying the WM .045 Turbo 747's bands for the first time.  Should be a good challenge for me and the bands.

Thank You Sponsors!