iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not a bargain.

Started by Drew62, March 07, 2019, 11:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew62

Just put down a £90 deposit with a stihl dealer for the upcoming ms500i with an availability date of May.I've been eyeing up the 462 for a bit now,but the price difference/weight is pretty negligible and the power output is quite a leap.Also I embrace new tech and hope any issues will have been ironed out by now given stihl have offered this tech on a cut off saw for a couple of years now.At least it gives me time to save up.My 038 has been good to me for close to 28 years now,so the excuse is-its time for an 'upgrade'! ;)
A slave to the machines.

Allar

Ms500i is simply superior compared to 462. I'd say you made a wise choice.
Firewood & Chainsaw videos: Firewood Warrior - YouTube

lxskllr

Everything can't be a bargain, but as long as it performs to spec, it should be a good value. Congrats on your (soon to be)new saw! Don't forget to report back with your impressions  ;^)

Drew62

I just find it hugely impressive that this is an 80cc saw that weighs a tad over 6kg with 6hp!My dear old 038 I believe comes in at 60cc with 4 h.p. and weighs something like 6.8 kg.Sometimes we all mutter darkly about 'progress' and moan about change,but kudos to stihl here I think,this looks like a truly revolutionary saw.As to whether it will still rock'n'roll like the 038 when its 35 odd years old is a moot point.
A slave to the machines.

Thank You Sponsors!