iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

humming bird bed.

Started by doc henderson, September 29, 2020, 02:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

My buddy, sawdust Jimmy, brought me (per my request) some acorns with caps.  the smaller he says come from pin oaks, and the larger are from burr oak trees.  he says the artsy women type like to use the larger caps for decorations in wreaths as humming bird nests.  I have put them in a heater to rid all of insects.  he also brought some walnuts for me to plant.  

i wanted them to feed the squirrels this fall.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

farmfromkansas

One time we were doing a remodel job on a house with a walnut tree in the back yard. The walnuts were in the process of falling off the tree. We took our break watching the squirrels take the outside husk off the walnuts, and then burying them. 
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Southside

Doc - let me know if you need more walnuts.  I have a healthy population all around the house and gather them by the 5 gallon pail to drag off into the woods.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Don P

This time of year I have to watch it on the road where there are walnut trees, our tires do the cracking for the wildlife. I rounded a corner one evening and the road erupted, a couple of deer, squirrels and crows were all having a party under a walnut tree that had dropped its load in the road and the cars and trucks had crushed them.

doc henderson

Thanks @Southside .  we could barter and help each other out if we lived closer.  I am getting what I want, after mentioning it to the right person.  I just mentioned to a buddy last night about needing food grade containers for sap this winter.  He says he can get 1 use barrels from bulk honey.  up to a semi load twice a week, for 5 bucks each with lids.  If you have lots of walnut, you should try the walnut syrup.  hook up to you milking machine.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

We have talked about tapping some, along with maple as I have some low ground that is chock full - would be personal use only - even sweet gum.  The problem is minutes in a day....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!