iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Odd shop visitors

Started by yukon cornelius, August 03, 2016, 03:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

If you make it up again look us up. We are 10 miles from there. We still here the boats and race cars. The monster ttuck show there is great. They have a really nice facility there.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Kbeitz

Living on a Christmas tree farm we would mow all 100 acres of weeds
every year. I used a large Gravely walk behind mower. My mind would
wonder off dreaming about anything but what I was doing whole walking
this machine. We had large yellow an black spiders that would web between
the trees. I would walk right into the web before I would see it. I had to
stop the mower before I could do any swatting or spider removing or I
would mow over the Christmas trees. Never got bit from a spider but it's
a whole other story with the bees.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

East ky logging

I've never seen a spider that big around here but we have the copperheads. I went into a shed a few weeks ago to get some sheet metal and there was one under it. I'd have loved to had that videotaped I jumped back and grabbed a metal t-post to kill it with and they was a wasp nest on it so I was getting eat up by them while I was dancing around after the snake that was between me and the door.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on August 04, 2016, 12:08:34 AM
I must have deleted the scorpion picture on my phone. The spider isn't the biggest by far. It is a Missouri tarantula. So says Missouri conservation. I used to be terrified of them but then I learned they can live more than 30 years. For some reason I couldn't kill them any more. I don't pet them or keep it as a pet or touch it or let it stay in the shop, but I respectfully sweep them on something far away from me and transplant them outside. I may or may not do an embarrassing shiver after. My fearless 5 year old walks up an picks it up. The copperhead iis #9 this year and snuck right up on me while table sawing and began striking at me. It soon had an allergic reaction to a shovel.
Wonder if that Copperhead was going to swallow you head first.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

hopm

Speaking of being eaten head first....
Came into my shop one night and found a pile of snow....so I thought. Really didnt look natural especially considering there was no snow. Then I recognized an eye....and a head....turned out to be an 8' albino python. We didnt keep company long. I'll try to find some pics of him before he got shipped off.

cliffreaves

This guy was hanging out under a board in my shop tonight.

yukon cornelius

Is that a wolf spider? We had another copperhead yesterday. I usually wouldn't say this but I am ready for winter to get here

JohnW

Quote from: yukon cornelius on August 05, 2016, 08:55:04 AM
Quote from: timberlinetree on August 05, 2016, 04:52:44 AM
Looks like Mr goat wants to help. He has his ear protection.
you can never be too safe. You don't want goats that can't here.  ;D

How can you tell if a goat can't hear?  Fire a gun?

caveman

One day not too long ago I was in my shop working at the table saw when I noticed a gopher tortoise walking through the shop by the little Craftman saw that has since been moved along with some other junk to make room for my boat

[img]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/22883/image~125.jpg? .  I guess he was taking a short cut to the grass on the north side of the shop.
Caveman

yukon cornelius

Today, our first timber rattler showed up. I love summer but I think its time for cold so these guys go away.

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on August 29, 2016, 01:25:31 AM
Today, our first timber rattler showed up. I love summer but I think its time for cold so these guys go away.
[/quote
Gee Larry you must be the snake whisperer. Been a long time since I saw a rattler around here. Did you get a pic of him?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Brad_bb

Careful caveman... the EPA will declare your shop an endangered wildlife habitat and you won't be able to work in there again!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

caveman

I think gophers  are on the threatened list but there sure are a lot of them around.  When I used to have a bloodhound, Ned, they were really endangered around here.  He would catch them in his mouth and bust them like grapes.  When I was a kid, a lot of people used to eat them.  Heck, I even know or knew folks who used to eat manatees and make knife handles out of their bones.  Eating manatee, gopher, sea turtles, sea turtle eggs or a lot of other stuff that our ancestors ate would land one in prison these days.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!