iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is why I really have to wonder about Woodmaster...

Started by Osric, December 11, 2008, 10:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Freed

My experience with Woodmaster has been the complete opposite. The salesman I was dealing with in 5 or 6 phone calls over a several day period when I special-ordered my 718 went beyond what I would expect from many companies. He even got the assembly line foreman on the phone to see if they could build the machine the way I wanted (they could). This is the first bad experiences I have heard of.

Handy Andy

My neighbor has been wanting to get a mill for a few years.  I stopped by his shop today, and he had a TK 1600 sitting in there.  He said the guy didn't have any paperwork on it, but he had called TK and already had an owners manual, and other paperwork, said they had told him to who they had sold the mill on what day, and whatever he needs they will get for him.  It's been sitting outside, and the guide bearings are froze up, and the chains are rusty, already had the oil changed in the engine and the hydraulics, will take a little work to get it ready to saw.  But a nice mill, the guy said it had about 50 hours on it.  The mill is an '02, but the engine says '05.
He wouldn't tell me the exact price he paid, but is happy about what he paid.  
My name's Jim, I like wood.

woodmills1

a little off topic but in line with the idea of remaining calm weather you are supplier or customer

during our first cold snap maybe 2 weeks ago was cutting fench boards on woodmizer

guy who I had picked up logs for shows up and begs me for rush job of 1.5 oak

says I will come back at three with price, a tip and a coffe

I say ok stop my work, do job, flop boards in driveway and continue job

no guy at three no guy for 3 days

I call a friend he calls a friend I get a number talk to wife
20 minutes later father(who needed wood) calls and says sorry son misunderstood wil come tomorrow

My wife says why so nice to deadbeats on phone......me.....its customers

long story short 3 more days no money no pick up 3 more phone calls

my wife says why you still being........

end of story... I deliver wood get money and good new customer who is amazed to find local sawmill with responsible owner who delivers.......... :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

That                                                     was   

tough                                               to   

read.

:)

logwalker

Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Tom

It takes a lot of patience to deal with customers sometimes.  I think that you have to be the main entity in a successful operation to understand.  That's what makes having employees such a risk. They haven't anything to lose by being nice, same paycheck.  But, for some reason, they haven't the same cognitive awareness in cause and effect. 

It seems to me that the direction of peoples response to one another over the years has turned from one of humility, appreciation and patience to impatience, criticism and condemnation. 

When I was a young sprout, the matronly and helpful telephone operator would say, "number please".  If that position were filled by someone in today's society, I can imagine the retort being "wadda ya want".  We are all so angry.  Success is created by being able to perpetuate "little" positive things such as a smile. 

I have a rule by which I try to live, "Nice'em to death".   I can be a mean, old SOB too.  But, when I remember my rule, I slow down.

snowman

This is all very interesting to me because I just finished watching the CD for my woodmaster thats still in the box in back of my pickup.If it wasn't so early Id drink! This things pretty complex to setup for a grouchy old logger. It's like machine shop stuff.I'm hoping once I actually get going on the setup it will kinda magically come together. :D That won't be until next summer though, I bought it now because of their half price deal. gives me lotsa time to fret over this.I got extras too like the router and sander attachment, my heads spinning, the CD kinda freaked me out.What time is it anyway? :D

Handy Andy

Hey Snowman, did you get the insert cutterhead?  Costs a little extra, but makes it a lot easier to change the blades for us old blind codgers.  Woodmaster is a lot simpler than it would seem after you get the hood off.  And changing the cutterhead isn't hard either if you've ever put bearings in an old combine.  Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

DR Buck

I've had great results talking with Wood Master.   I had long detailed conversations before I bought the extension tables and then again before buying the digital height indicator.   They were quite helpful.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WILDSAWMILL

im glad some of you have had good luck
not all of us have
Kascosaw2B

Corley5

I just bought a Woodmaster 718 with a 6 blade resaw setup and extra blades on E-bay.  No other attachments but for 500 bux I think I did OK.  It looks good from the pics and supposedly has only had 80 or so hours of use.  With the addition of a couple attachments and some knives this should do what I want.  I hope  ???    Gotta make a trip to Comstock Park, Mi to pick it up  :) :)
  I've been thinking about making some paneling, flooring, and trim for the addition and have been having negative thoughts about using the old sticker machine.  I was gonna offer the belt lacing job to Wildflower  ;) :) :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Rocks4U

I called and got a qoute on a 725 and router setup couldn't afford it right now found a used 725 called back and ordered the router setup for it. They have been great to work with helpful and polite. The used 725 is a old blue colored one with 4 rollers and very thing works great on it... Thanks Woodmaster 
Simple to work on 

Thank You Sponsors!