iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1985 wood mizer Lt40

Started by Stefinney, August 04, 2017, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefinney

My variable speed control has went out on 1985 Lt 40
looking for a replacement, if anyone has one left from upgrade, very interested.  Can't afford the upgrade at this time.  Thank you!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Stefinney!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Wayniac

if you are talking about the photometer under the knob you can get one at radio shack
wayniac

Stefinney

The Powerfeed has went bad.  Woodmizer has an upgrade, but it's over 800 dollars.  Was hoping someone would have one from an upgrade I could possibly by at a reasonable rate.  The older models use a rheostat, if I could find one, that would be great

Kbeitz

Lots of  rheostats on E-bay...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Stefinney

Yes, ordered a couple,  fingers crossed we can get this thing working!

MartyParsons

Hello,
   The Very Early LT30 and LT40 mills had a complicated power feed system. I have only ever see a few of this design. The potentiometer ( rheostat) will not work on this design.
The early design had detents on the dial to control the speed and was variable but it was detented so if the next detent was to fast and the lower speed was slow there was nothing in between. It is a mass of copper and lowered the voltage to  the motor  by creating varying resistance and current to the power feed motor.

Here is something the same that was used back in the day.

http://www.italohm.com/lang_en/products/RTP_OFEL.php

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Kbeitz

There is some big Ceramic RHEOSTATS on E-bay.   
2-3 OHMS, 15-8 MAX AMPS
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Stefinney

Thank you so much for the help! The rheostat I ordered from eBay did the trick.  I can make this work until I can get the upgrade from Woodmizer.  Aside from the  powerfeed, my sawmill is like brand new.  Very little wear, 106 hrs.  Super excited to start cutting.🤗

Thank You Sponsors!