iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 590 vs 620

Started by gman98, March 19, 2020, 07:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman98

Hello guys.  Been looking at the echo 590 and 620's lately.  I've been hearing some good things about them both.  I was wondering what the difference between the two is. The 590 seems to be the homeowner version, but they seem to be built the same other than a little more plastic on one.  What can you folks tell me about the two?

Thanks 
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

Dave12

I bought a 590 a couple of months ago.  I don't have a ton of experience with chainsaws but it seems like a good saw.  It was night and day difference compared to my Husqvarna 435 that I had at the time.  A mild muffler mod and removing the carb limiters and adjusting the carb helps wake it up a little more if you're not concern about possibly voiding your warranty.  When I was at the shop the owner told me the only real difference between the 590 and 620 is a few more metal parts including the handle.  There might be some internal differences that he didn't mention to me.
Just a small time firewood cutter using a Stihl MS500i, MS400c and MS462c

samandothers

I have forgotten the differences I read about when I bought my 620.   I like the saw and it cuts great.  I have a 24" bar on it and use mainly for felling and bucking to a point.  I use a smaller Echo for the limbing and stuff.

It is a heavy saw.  If I try to use it much where I need to maneuver it a great deal my left shoulder (arthritis) will remind me to use the smaller saw.  

I did buy mine at a dealer day and received a good percentage off that helped bring it down to what I wanted to put into it.

Oh, BTW these case for the 590 did work ok for the 620.  The teeth that grip on the log (log dogs?) do rub the side of the case and it is a tight fit, but works.

Knute

The only differences I know are that the 620 has a high performance bar and chain and a metal handle. They do advertise that the 620 has 13% more power than the 600. I have the 620 and really like it but it is a little heavy, but I also have a smaller saw. I would not be afraid to buy the 590 and save a little money.

two tired

I have a 590 echo and use it for felling and also around the the  mill, have had it for 2 years. Used a still 460 before, 590 did not have the power the 460 had but the price and the warranty of the 590 made me try it out. Have been pleased with the performance of the saw.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

gman98

I ended up purchasing a 590 last week during a 15% off sale at a local dealership.  So far I have been very impressed!  Thanks for everyone's input.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

Thank You Sponsors!