iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking for a special drill-bit

Started by tstex, January 24, 2010, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstex

Gentlemen,

I am engaged in a huge community effort in fighting oak wilt in S/SE Tx and many landowners that are retired are elderly, fixed income and very limited...i am trying to help both them and me.

Does anyone know where a good source for 15/64 helix drill-bits?  These are used for drilling into the flare roots of trees and dull after 4-5 trees...thank you very much and pls let me know if you have any questions?

Best Regards,
tstex

LeeB

I can't help you with the bits, but I want to wish you good luck in yor battle. I hope you beat tne stuff, but I don't hold much hope.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fstedy

Do a  web search for MSC Direct they should have them if anyone does. If you can't locate it in their catalog call them and they should be able to get them for you. What do you mean by a helix drill? I've heard of drills with a fast or slow helix.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

beenthere

Those drill bits can be sharpened too.

Might they also be called a ship auger too?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mcfcfan

Hi tstex,

Whttp://www.treecaredirect.com/High-Helix-Drill-Bit-p/5314.htm

wonder if you have found what you are looking for if not try this web site.

Regards
Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

mcfcfan

oops that link did not work trying again. >:( >:(

www.treecaredirect.com/high-Helix-Drill-p/5314.htm

Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

tstex

Thanks guys.

I am not sure why they are called helix d-bits...i would like to know how to sharpen them "beenthere"...any place you can point me to take a gandor to see how?  I just bought a new grinder I can mount to the bench...I guess i would need a real fine stone?

Thank you for the links and info, it is appreciated,
tstex

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!