iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Circular saw blades

Started by senfschneider55, January 14, 2020, 04:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

senfschneider55

Hi all, 
 I am new to the forum, hoping I could harvest some info from you folks.
I plan on building a small circle mill, but can´t find enough info on the proper circle blades. I 
understand there is a difference in table saw and mill blades. Is there a good source for blades.
Just to complicate matters, I live in Bavaria, Germany.

Thanks in advance

Irv

Ron Wenrich

What size of blade are your intending to run?  There are mill blades that are used on edgers that are fairly small and stout.  Mill saws can run up to 60".  Saws can be made to order by saw mfg.  In this country there is B H Payne and Simonds.  I imagine they would ship to Germany.

But, you might want to check a little closer to some of the mill manufacturers in Europe.  Kara in Finland makes a circle mill and may be able to give you some information about blades closer to you.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

senfschneider55

Hi Ron,

I just want a simple hand fed mill; logs no longer than about 3´; 6- 12" round. I tried a chain saw and was not happy
with the cut, time, and waste. I have a 6 hp 380v electric motor and several saw blades  12-20 " dia. Also have the double 
pillow block bearing 2" shaft for mounting the blades.

Thanks for the quick responce

Irv

moodnacreek

With blades that small you have 3 choices, inserted tooth. solid steel and carbide tip tooth. There must be a carbide saw shop in your area. The gage of saw plate and the tooth count would be a question. The more teeth the more power needed.

senfschneider55

I think I am going to put together a Bolter mill as bt ( been there ) suggested.
Thanks to all for the responses.

Irv
To err is human, to really screw up you need a chain saw !

Thank You Sponsors!