iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spiderwebs

Started by sprucebunny, August 29, 2005, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

We got snakes and now we got spiders ;D

Well..... at least spiderwebs..... They show up so well in the early morning dew or the fog .

This is what I call a hammock spider but the more correct common name is Bowl and doily spider. They seem to be common in the eastern states. In a google search, I didn't find many good photos of the webs  to compare this with.

There are so many webs !!!! It just is fascinating to me and reminds me that there are many unseen elements to the forest.
;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Dan_Shade

i have something like that out on my deck.  I tell people i leave it there to help with the bugs :)  if it does help, I'd sure hate to see how bad it would be without it!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tom

Good pictures, Sprucebunny.

I like spiders.  They are next to insects and I love insects.  ;D

click here for a thread in "Woods Walking" if you find the time to peruse.  :)

sprucebunny

Thanks, Tom. I've read parts of that thread before . Thought I'd seen spider-webs here before. You take some good pictures, too ;D

It's so neat the way the dew makes the webs show up ;D When I went back by there in the afternoon, there were no webs to be seen !!

Here's another I liked.

Dan, I thought exactly the same thing about spiders eating bugs :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

ARKANSAWYER

Years ago I used to find the spider webs like in Tom's photo that were made by what we call garden spiders.  I would wait till the dew dried off and then "mist" it with spray paint.  Next I would take a piece of poster board and slightly bend it and capture the wet paint spider web on it.  Most turned out pretty cool.  I do not have any of the left and have not done it in years.  Maybe the next time I am in town I will get some poster board and try to make one again.  Some really neat patterns sometimes.
ARKANSAWYER

Furby

That sounds really cool!
I'll have to have the kids try that one!
May even try one myself. ;D ;)

Thank You Sponsors!