iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blue Creeper Award #3

Started by Southside, February 19, 2021, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Well it's that time of the week again, here we are awarding the Blue Creeper Award.  First I have to say that it was quite a contest.  Out of the gate it was neck and neck to the first turn with no clear leader, and then the whole "If you ain't rubbin' you ain't racing" came out and it was on.  So many posts, topics, quotes and responses. There were the lobbyists who PM with suggestions - all excellent and you know who you are if you sent them - admin meetings until way late in the night, votes, fellerbunchers (because we don't have filibusterers here), tie breaker votes, nominations, it's just endless I tell ya.

Back to the race, on the back stretch the lead changed a few times, the underdog made a good showing, then got tripped up in the mud and stumbled - over and out.  Coming into the final turn everyone was crowding the rail and still no clear leader.  Here they come, it's going to be a photo finish - oops, seems someone didn't post their photos correctly so no proof of victory can be offered up,  AND HERE THEY COME, the crowd is standing on it's feet YELLING!!!  And the winner is....

We interrupt this event for an important message from our sponsor....

LogRite Tools
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

trimguy

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Southside

And back to our regularly scheduled programming....

For those who didn't enter this weeks contest because they didn't think they would win, let me say there is no purchase necessary, but donations to the Admin staff sure help your odds, speaking of odds the contest is open to all members of the Forestry Forum and the winner does not need to be able to identify local hard woods that they may or may not encounter, handle, saw, or otherwise manipulate to remain eligible.  Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 54,946 and the ability to generate copious volumes of smoke and fire from household chemicals that are mixed up in a sawmill yard also increase chances of winning, as long as the sawmill does not burn down, in which case the members odds of winning go up in smoke.  You can enter as many times as you like and the winner has the option to select either a lump sum box of goodies or payment can be spread out over 20 years, just realize the stuff will all show up at once so you will be responsible for the whole 20 year thing.

So without further delay this weeks winner is   Timeout Error 416, System Reset, please try again later.
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Southside

I see our winner is here in the building.  @doc henderson COME ON DOWN!!!  We here at the Forum, along with  Blue Creeper want to thank you for all that you contribute here.  This place would not be the same without your presence, take that however you wish  :D, and we greatly appreciate your contribution.  

To claim your prize contact @Tam-i-am and she will take care of the shipping details to you.  Again, Thank you and be sure to tune in for next weeks contest that starts right now!!  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Roxie

Yay!  Yay for doc henderson!   8)
Say when

terrifictimbersllc

Yippie x3 !!!! Congrats Doc!!!
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

LIL

Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

thecfarm

Congrats on the win and prize of a great product.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nebraska

Old Greenhorn

Congrats Doc! Well earned and well deserved!
 ( Oh, and edit to add: SouthSide you can be very cruel sometimes. Geez! That took a LONG time.)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

sorry to keep you all waiting, but I guess they did it to me.  :) I went to bed early, after working 4 night shifts, and as you can see by the time my days and nights are turned around.  This award means a lot, and could not have come at a better time.  Lots of work stuff, more than just the medical.  It feels like an extended family and I have great friends here, some I have never even met.  As well, you can tell from my posts, I will very much put these great products to work.  I wish my parents could be here... but that would be awkward as it is the middle of the night, and I may or may not be in my undies. :o :o :o.  Thanks all for making this place so informative, and fun to be a part of.  And thanks to Admin for all the support.  Thanks to Logrite and @Tam-i-am for the gift.  ...   That's weird, there is a lady in an evening gown taking my arm, and trying to get me to walk off ...  Oh I guess I have gone on too long.  Sincerely It is nice to be recognized and look forward to getting the great products.  THANKS!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Quote from: doc henderson on February 20, 2021, 02:46:49 AM
     That's weird, there is a lady in an evening gown taking my arm, and trying to get me to walk off .   
:D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Go back to bed Doc, we'll see you at the awards reception after the ceremony.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

Whew man! I went to bed late last night knowing our guy had won, had a dream that I woke up and someone else had and we had to spend the next week counting votes.  Thank goodness for Doc Henderson!:)

Magicman

Congratulations Doc!!!  Thank you not only for your woodworking skills but also for your humanitarian skills and willingness to reach out and help anyone that needs a supporting hand or heart.  You are a Good Friend.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Congratulations Doc. With all your helpful replies and the professional info you share I was hoping you would win one. You deserve  a gallon size.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WV Sawmiller

Doc,

Congratulations.

I just hope you don't wake up from your dream and find that you are in Thailand and the lady in the evening gown is taking you downstage to be the guest of honor at the Ladyboy show. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

WV, I knew you had been lots of places and had great experiences but.. well you seem to know a lot about this place of which you speak!  thank you  and thanks to everyone!  Best Regards!  Doc.

Jeff

Careful boys. Wrong product sponsor!

Old Greenhorn

WV Sawmiller

July 1, 2011 (Bangkok Thailand)

The show is a lady-boy cabaret and I guess all the actors are gay and/or transvestites. They wear beautiful costumes and put on a very professional show except for all the lip syncing. One short, fat man plays several roles and is the comedian in the group. Several times they come up in the audience and grab a participant to help and to embarrass. Most of the others in the audience are Japanese and they seem to take it in stride pretty well. At the end of the show the lady-boys all meet downstairs for a photo-op. I tell Becky we need to get one for the Christmas card but she declines.

Actually they put on a good show. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Quote from: Jeff on February 20, 2021, 10:16:17 AM
Careful boys. Wrong product sponsor!
If they only knew "The rest of the story".... :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!