iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

this is disturbing

Started by Den Socling, May 06, 2014, 10:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

drobertson

very disturbing, amazing folks go so low,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jargo432

They're lucky the tree didn't get even.
Jack of all trades.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If the right person catches them....it may just balance out.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

That is pure unadulterated greed. >:(  The tree can't survive with that kind of damage and becomes a major hazard. As jargo432 suggests maybe one will get even and thin the herd.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Must be close to a road,or a place to get a 4 wheeler into? That is too bad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pol_bishop25

What a monstrosity. Such people should go to jail for this...

Magicman

That is a horrible mutilation !!  Hopefully some way/how they can be tracked down, and to think that there are others in line ready and willing to do the same thing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DeerMeadowFarm

Seems like it would be fairly easy to stake out potential areas. It must be close to some road or a trail and a chainsaw's roar carries pretty far in the woods at night...

ely

couldn't see the link, if the damage is bad they should cut the tree down and make lumber out of it. no sense in it going to waste.

Ocklawahaboy

I saw that today too. Was actually just signing on to post it.  Sick people.  Glad I got to see some of those trees before they got butchered.  Sorry the next generation won't get that chance.  Tough to prevent.  When I was there, would have been easy to slip in and do that.  Not too long ago someone burned down the biggest cypress in Florida.  Never caught them either. 

If the tree dies it should be left to rot.  Milling it introduces the possibility of another profit motive and more mutilation.

Warbird

martyinmi

Now what kind of individual would be willing to purchase a piece of that tree or anything made from it?
Could there be some sort of twisted pride in ownership that results from the illegal purchase of a fragment of our history, all the while knowing you couldn't/can't display it or brag about it without the fear of being arrested? smiley_huh2

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

BradMarks

It's a twisted mentality for sure, totally unacceptable. This is a fairly new phenomenon. Unfortunately, a number of factors are in play. That particular redwood forest is relatively "isolated" between towns on Hwy 101.  Unemployment is sky high, with little chance of finding decent paying work. Mills are shut down, tourism is down. If they're not growing dope or being a backyard chemist, there's no money in the pocket. Poor economy, budget cuts - lack of enforcement personnel, idiots with chain saws. That there is a perfect storm. 

Ljohnsaw

Hmmm,  There is a guy on CraigsList in the Sacramento area that has all sorts of burl slabs for sale... :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Den Socling

Some of these comments remind me of several years ago. One of the kids had brought home a little pine tree for Arbor Day. I planted it near the road. It grew with a perfect Christmas tree shape. One day around Christmas time somebody cut it down and stole it. What kind of low life trash could sit in his home and show off the tree he stole from our yard.

Ocklawahaboy

We were riding through there and just a quarter mile from the parking lot to the biggest grove is one of the most back woods neighborhoods ive ever accidentally driven through.  these people have very easy access to the tree with little chance of getting caught.  closing a road is going to do nothing.

drobertson

we lost several pines around Christmas time a few years back,  crazy stuff, lazy folks for sure, these on the thread go much deeper than a simple white pine, it is criminal, as  is all timber theft,  but to get into these majestic timbers, almost border lines on murder, jmo
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!