iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sad world!

Started by yukon cornelius, November 04, 2014, 10:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

What a sad world we live in! someone stole our mailbox and post last night. no mail inside thankfully! It is sad because if anyone would ask we would gladly give it to them or buy them what they needed. if anyone has a need let us know and we will do our very best to help. I am thankful for this because if that is the biggest disappointment of our day or week then we are truly BLESSED!! God bless all of you!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

yukon cornelius

I want to be mad!! but that would be wasted energy. love your enemy as yourself! they will have to answer in heaven and that's way worse than anything I could do to them! ;D

fishpharmer

I know there some some sad things that happen in this world, like the theft of your mailbox.  Yet, daily I am reminded by Forestry Forum and its members what a great world we live in and that there are still many great people.  The bad news gets most the press.

Yukon, you and your post is a good reminder of the good people in this world.
God bless you my friend.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

yukon cornelius

God takes such good care of us! it has been a little over an hour since  we found it missing and my neighbor just dropped of his old mailbox. they upgraded to a larger one a while back and saved it back.

funny story though. I was in the shop and heard a vehicle so I stepped out. they went by slow but I couldn't tell who it was so I started up the drive. dead end road so they have to come back by. I hear them coming back so I break into a sprint and meet it at the road. it was the neighbor. he was surprised to see me standing tucked behind a cedar tree.  :D

drobertson

Crazy stuff going on up that way!  never know what these juveniles are up to next. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red oaks lumber

its not just young people, yeasterday i watched through the leaf less trees and could see my neibor stealing wood from a recent logging job. his land butts up to the logged property, he would pull a bunch of limb wood across the "line" cut it up and put it in his little trailer behind his wheeler. he might have permission your thinking no. my son owns the land.
same neibor(he's 66 yrs old) i rent land from him, planted corn the last 2 years, come fall alot of corn stalks are cut off with a chainsaw. the sad part is they end up as decorations at his church. only assuming that cuz they arent at his place. :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

yukon cornelius

my wife went to the sheriffs office to file a report and while she is there a couple is filing a report of a burglary from only a few miles away. they told her they stole everything down to her used perfume bottles. house was emptied!! maybe connected??? I think it wasn't kids for us. our post was a 4x4 with a plate bolted on bottom. big rocks stacked around it. they moved all the rocks instead of kicking it over. i built a new post today out of log. i put that log post inside a shorter hollow log and filled it with concrete. i will post a pic later. the old one was not fancy. used old 4x4 and a peeling paint 2x4 brace. new plastic box though.

God will deal with them! My prayer is they find him before its too late!

drobertson

I thought I might be misunderstood, I did mean a juvenile mind set.  But the bottom line is thieves are thieves, regardless of their age.  And Larry, you are right, its very sad,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

chain

I remember we had some mail-box theft around here. I believe there are special federal postal laws and investigators to aid in investigating  & prosecuting, if culprits are found.

yukon cornelius

d you are right! it seems a lot of people just wont grow up. crime is everywhere! I don't know if its worse than ever or not. we have been reading the bible from cover to cover. we are over a third through it and it seems its always been this way. the fourth human, Adam and eves sons, was murdered by his brother. Cain murdered Abel.

sad but we are still lucky! Blessed!!

r.man

Used to be that mail officials were like pit bulls, very territorial and wouldn't let go of anything. Not sure about now and it would probably have been better if some mail had been inside the box when it was stolen. It does help to have a positive attitude, it is just stuff and worrying about it is way worse for you than just replacing it.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Ljohnsaw

Years ago, when we lived out in the country, we were on a private road with 5 others families (4 on the other side of a nice little creek).  After about 6 or 7 years, some new people moved in across the main road, across from our street.  They felt it was their right to use our private road to access a little creek.  Problem was, they left a mess and liked to spook our horses.  After having a vet out to give a horse stitches when it ran a gate when spooked, we confronted them.  Told them they were not welcome on our road.  They kept on using it.  So, we posted a "private road, no trespassing" sign.  They tore it out.  I set it again, in concrete.  They broke it off and threw it in the creek with our mailbox (and only our mailbox).  When they were standing at our gate, hollering at us, we called the sheriff.  He calmly told them to get lost.  That is one thing that I don't miss about the country - some real looser live out there.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

drobertson

Mail box smashing and stealing is one thing, trespassers and land abusers are another animal.  It seems like some of these folks feel a sense of entitlement, and when the facts are presented, they retaliate with violence and property damage.  No real answer, cause it's like talking to a brick wall.

Sixacresand

A young man knocked on my door one Saturday morning he told me that he ran off the road the night before and knocked down my mail box with his dad's truck.  He had a new box, numbers, post and tools with him and was ready to replace it.  And he did, but I gave him a check for what he bought because what I had was old and worn out.  Got a friend for life out of the deal. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WmFritz

Whoa Sixacres... timeout!  smiley_smash

We're talking about miserable, low-down, no account scumbags here. >:(

Don't be trying to cheer us up with a happy story about an honest, upstanding young man here.  :D

(Maybe hope for us yet)   ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

tule peak timber

I had my mailbox smashed , mail stolen, business account probed by PayPal . Zero help from the police, zero help from the postal legal people . PayPal was  more than not helpful but blocked any investigation into our theft. PayPal supports crooks and is a platform to stay away from . they sure screwed us !!!!!
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

sandhills

Yeah I have a neighbor whom allegedly took out about 6 mailboxes in one fell swoop (all on the same corner), might of had something to do with the pretty young thing whispering sweet nothings in his ear at the time??  :D  Allegedly he was seen by another neighbor at the local farm store the next morning throwing posts and mailboxes in the back of his truck  :D :D.  Of coarse this is all hear say from a small town, I never questioned it, or him  ;D.  Yukon, I admire your attitude towards this.

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Sixacresand on November 05, 2014, 07:47:11 PM
A young man knocked on my door one Saturday morning he told me that he ran off the road the night before and knocked down my mail box with his dad's truck.  He had a new box, numbers, post and tools with him and was ready to replace it.  And he did, but I gave him a check for what he bought because what I had was old and worn out.  Got a friend for life out of the deal.

I had that happen at our last farm also. it had snowed mailbox knocked down as usual by what I thought was a snowplow. that happened almost every snow. a few days later a man knocked on the door and said he had hit our mailbox and wanted to make sure he didn't need to fix it or owe us. I had already put it back on. I thanked him. no damage. another time, same farm, someone stuffed a dead possum in it....no damage done. :D they smashed my neighbors box tore down his antique hay rake that was on post and pulled his flowers and threw them in the road that same night. again we were blessed it wasn't worse.

Sixacresand

Quote from: WmFritz on November 05, 2014, 09:28:10 PM
Whoa Sixacres... timeout!  smiley_smash

We're talking about miserable, low-down, no account scumbags here. >:(

Don't be trying to cheer us up with a happy story about an honest, upstanding young man here.  :D

(Maybe hope for us yet)   ;)

:)
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

coxy

kind of a funny story   my dad told me  back in the 50s my uncle did not like this guy and every time my uncle went to the bar on his way home he would hit his mail box and smash it  the guy told him you keep hitting my mail box im going to kick your behind my uncle would always say its not me go find the right person  well one night on his way home hit the mail box and it did not move nether did his car ;D the guy put a steal beam in the ground with an old milk can full of concrete needless to say he got a good beaten that night and never hit any more mail boxes  :D :D   

r.man

Another feel good story, has the mood permanently changed on this thread?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

yukon cornelius

I didn't mean anything about scumbags or anything about bad people or whatever. its just sad when people are in such great need they choose to steal or feel it is the only way to get what they need.

timberlinetree

We never have had a mail box. We're missing a lot I guess.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!