iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawyer needed in Wenatchee WA

Started by OlJarhead, September 21, 2019, 09:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Hi All,

Have a detached retina (ya, this aint my year) and a customer I've milled for a few times has 16 logs that need to be milled before the snow flies.  I won't be milling for the next several weeks and am looking for a pitch hitter.

Interested?

Thanks
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

WV Sawmiller

Eric,

Sorry to hear about your sore peeper. I hope it heals soon and completely. I'd love to come help but the mileage would kill your customer. :D Good luck and stay safe.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

OlJarhead

Thanks :)  It's been a tough couple years but I'm making the best of it!  This is a good customer too so I'm hoping to find someone who can come mill for him. 

DPatton

Eric,

I hope all heals well with your eye. I have sincerely missed your post documenting your sawing travels. If it's any help at all I could cut WV Sawmiller's mileage in half  :D :D :D, but at 1610 miles I really doubt that would make it any more economically feasible for your client. Hang in there and get healed up.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

AMBoser

Sorry to hear about your retina. I hope it heals quickly.

If you can't find someone east of the crest, perhaps this guy in Bothell would be able to come out. I emailed him about a milling some big beams into 2 bys, but the job was too small to make it worthwhile to bring out his mill. AJ's Custom Portable Saw Milling. AJ Mearns
E-mail:  aj-17@juno.com
Trying to learn without making a mistake every time.

OlJarhead

Thanks Guys, no luck yet!

I did move all my english walnut into a 'solar kiln' of sorts.  It's really just a 6mil plastic box with fan and dehumidifier set in a sunny place...but then the sun has refused to come out much since >:(

Course, did all that before learning of my detached retina!  I go in on Tuesday to see the doc and get set up for surgery.  So far so good but I'm told to take it easy and that recovery will be 4 to 6 weeks so no milling etc until after that.

The mill sits quietly at our property doing nothing and I need to get up there and put stabil in it and give it a good lube and protect it for the winter but I want it set up so I can mill late in the year or early next as I have a project I hope to get back to.

Been doing some traveling this summer and visiting etc so haven't been too slack ;)  Just no milling or cabin work :(

OlJarhead

Good news!  It's not a detachment but something called a retinoschisis.  No surgery required, move on and mill.

WV Sawmiller

Glad to hear it turned out so well. Be careful and don't over-do it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

OlJarhead

Thanks :) and I don't plan to.  I can't do much of the physical stuff right now but I'm told I should be able to get back to it once the healing process is done.

This one might not go now anyway as the weather is turning bad in the hills and the customer isn't set up well for muddy milling ;)

OlJarhead

Milled one log and got caught in a blizzard so pulled out!

Might have to wait for the spring now!

Old Greenhorn

Aw Shoot! That means it can't be long now. Guess I had better get my butt in higher gear. :(
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

OlJarhead

That was at 10am (when I pulled out) and the customer dragged the mill out becuase the only way (since there were logs in the way) was for him to either back the mill to where I could hook up, or drag it out a sharp turn my big CC dually couldn't make with the mill and let me hook up near the road.

Was a couple inches down when I got up top and met about 3" on the road down with two 10% grades before getting to lower elevations.  The new truck did it in spades with engine braking.

Not sure what they got that day but the prediction was 4 more inches that night!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!