iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

05 Timberjack 360D/ John Deere 540gIII fault codes

Started by TheDirt, March 23, 2019, 03:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDirt

Hi all,
I've searched and searched for these codes with no luck. If they are already on here and I can't find them, I apologize in advance.
I've been noticing that I occasionally have F911 and F380 and F393 codes in the "stored codes" option on my computer, the computer in this machine is actually a new replacement normally used in later gIII's or H series john deeres (I told) but that's probably irrelevant for this issue.
Im not noticing any issues to speak of, except that on colder mornings the Trans oil filter warning light comes on for about 30 seconds when first started, I changed filter and oil and its still the same. oil looked just fine, i use the absurdly expensive JD stuff and their filters. 
Anyone know these codes?
Thanks!

kiko

F380.   Park and not park inputs are both inactive.   

F393  unexpected directional clutch slippage 

F911 monitor display not receiving data from TCU.

F380 and F911 will not allow the transmission to go into gear when active.

F393 could be a speed sensor wire issue

Any active codes would give a malfunction light.  Once they go to stored code it will remain in there until cleared.  If all the trans functions operate properly the store codes are from a previous issue.

TheDirt

This is very helpful,
thanks Kiko.
I think I know what happened when i got the F380, when i hit the parking brake switch it stuck halfway between lock and unlock, I couldn't go into gear until i flipped it all the way down. The F911 has been an ongoing one, I think there could be a poor connection going to the monitor, it happens intermittently, I cleared these codes a few days ago and none have come back but I'd imagine Ill see the F911 again. I may also have been off on the F393, it may actually have been a F343 or F363, I cleared it and should have written it down. I know one of those has to do with Trans temp loop sensor.
Machine is working fine so Ill finish out my winter and then go through it in the spring to track down any bad connections. Its a great machine but I have to adjust to the complexities of a computer, not an issue on the 240c.
where are you getting these code references Kiko, is it in the shop manual or do you have the JD tech programs?
Thanks again

kiko

I have the technical manuals. The manuals are all that is needed on the pre teir4 engine machines.  A code and a wiring schematic will run down any issue and make the cost of jd parts advisor programing redundant, except for when module reprogramming is necessary.  Transmission calibration can be done though the monitor as well.

Thank You Sponsors!