iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visiting Ladylake

Started by Tom the Sawyer, September 20, 2013, 02:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom the Sawyer

Right in the middle of fall milling season we get an invitation to a wedding that was 500 miles away and the events covered 3 days...  smiley_annoyed01 grrrr.  But being that far away from home meant we were less than 100 miles from Ladylake's place in Grey Eagle, MN.  As a fellow B-20 owner with much more experience than I have, I consider Steve, and others like him, a real resource and a strength of this forum.   smiley_thumbsup

I contacted Steve and found that the only date that would work was also a day he was scheduled to be milling at home rather than his frequent road trips.  To top it off, he would be milling logs that aren't that common in my area - flame box elder.  I only got to spend two hours with him but learned a couple of things and saw his modifications close up.  Oh yeah, it did happen cuz I got a few pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KvNu--CC8E&feature=em-upload_owner
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

giant splinter

Looks like you had a nice visit and got some great video, thanks for sharing Tom. Steve's B-20 made short work of flame box elder and produced some fine boards.
roll with it

Roxie

It's always fun to watch a master at his craft!  Very nice presentation with the pictures.  Thank you! 

Say when

grweldon

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Axe Handle Hound

Thanks for posting that video Tom.  I'm impressed with your video editing skills.  Looks like Steve has a nice setup over there.

ND rancher

Great job Tom! Nice to see Steve in action, hopefully I get to do the same some day.   Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

drobertson

Nice job Tom, and it is pretty cool to see different wood types.    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

It's always nice to meet another Forestry Forum member.

I might add that I spent a couple of hours last night with Forum member "petefrombearswamp", at their camp in DeGrasse, NY.

Always have a good visit.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

is that you with the W hat, tom
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Tom the Sawyer

Peter,

No, the white hat was the client.  Steve has milled for him several times and they work pretty well together.  I had my gloves with me and pulled a few boards but was behind the camera for all the images. 
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

So busy filming,no time to eat.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Very nice, Tom. Thanks for taking the time. smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawguy21

I enjoyed that. Not familiar with box elder  that is some beautiful color.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sixacresand

Thanks for the video. Love to watch milling operations.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

xlogger

Steve is a movie star now 8). Great work there Tom.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ladylake

I can saw logs, not very good at pics or vids, thanks Tom.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

customsawyer

Nice video, thanks for sharing.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

redbeard

Nice set up Steve! Thanks for sharing the video Tom
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!