iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My shed is done, for now

Started by Riggs, March 19, 2013, 02:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

After a lot of tinkering and plugging along, I have finished my saw shed. The center is a 26x31 carport that I got used, and had a friend help me put it up.. 12 ft. extensions on either side one to keep my old ugly logging tractor out of the rain, and a storage room, the other side for whatever I need. The tarp is probably coming down in a few weeks, but kept the wind and rain from blowing in on me until I finished the left side extension. The tin on the extensions came from a building that was being torn down at work, the telephone poles for posts were dropped off when the power company replaced them on my road. Other than the carport, nails, and time, I have nothing invested.

Thanks for looking.

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

ely

nice diggs, thats how i build stuff, got a house to prove it.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

martyinmi

Old ugly tractor????
That thing looks beautiful to me! 8)
I used to have about 30 - 40 antique tractors around in various states of repair, and all was good until I bought a different house and had to move them all. >:(
Ever hear the old saying "sometimes less is more"? 'Tis very true! I'm down to about ten of them now.
30-40 Chainsaws don't take up nearly as much room. ;)

And BTW,
Very nice job on the shed!
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

pigman

Nice useful shed. I can't believe you wasted money on new nails. I am sure there was an old building somewhere that you could have pulled out the nails. ;) ;D ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

thecfarm

Funny pigman.    :D
I remember that tractor from a thread a few years back.Looks like you maintain the fields too. Looks better than what I did for my tractor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Riggs

Quote from: martyinmi on March 19, 2013, 03:27:27 PM
Old ugly tractor????

And BTW,

Like it's owner, the old tractor is functional, but not much to look at.

Pigman, since you brought it up there are a few semi-used nails in places too  :-[  ;D

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

clww

That thing looks like a skidder to me.
Nice job on the building. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

Nice sawshed Riggs!  smiley_thumbsup

Looks to be very functional and some secure storage to boot!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Holmes

Quote from: Riggs on March 19, 2013, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: martyinmi on March 19, 2013, 03:27:27 PM
Old ugly tractor????

And BTW,

Like it's owner, the old tractor is functional, but not much to look at.

Pigman, since you brought it up there are a few semi-used nails in places too  :-[  ;D

Now we know why you did not start a thread on your repairs and upgrades to the tractor. ;D you didn't do any :D  Great job on the shed. Are you going to install a goat ramp or just let them find there way up to the roof naturally?
Think like a farmer.

Riggs

Quote from: Holmes on March 19, 2013, 05:39:52 PM
Now we know why you did not start a thread on your repairs and upgrades to the tractor. ;D you didn't do any :D  Great job on the shed. Are you going to install a goat ramp or just let them find there way up to the roof naturally?

A fine piece of equipment like that needs no repairs... :D :D
It actually does what I want it to do really well, We have added a battery and altenator thats about it.
As for the goats, they don't need much help.

Norwood ML 26

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

Way to go Riggs, 8)  nice score on all the stuff, looks good, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!