iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pigroast 2008 Info thread and RSVP

Started by Jeff, June 21, 2008, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Must be a size small, or maybe medium. Some day soon he'll be tucking his shirts in.... 8) 8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

Dount it.  That would be a serious change in behavior.  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Weather update:

So far, things are shaping up nicely knock on wood for the pigroast.  Its supposed to be mostly sunny on Friday with a chance of isolated thunderstorms late, and mostly sunny on Saturday and Sunday. Highs in the upper 80's to low 90's so bring a swim suit if ya wanna get cooled off in da pool!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

Jeff, I have my swimsuit with me everywhere I go   ;D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Quote from: Dan_Shade on July 29, 2008, 09:04:46 AM
Jeff, I have my swimsuit with me everywhere I go   ;D

wonderful :-\    :D

Radar67

Birthday suits don't count Dan.  :D :D :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

A brand new product just arrived from LogRite Tools as a Prize for the Pig Roast!

This year, the big door prizes are going to be done differently. You are going to need to be a registered Forum member, and your going to need to do some thinkin and cypherin. ;D 

Be thinking Pigs and Pinecones. :)

pigman

Quoteand your going to need to do some thinkin and cypherin.
Well, I guess that means I won't win. :( ;D

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

In other words, ya gotta be able to make a wild guess at something and be closest ;)

Jeff

Icy tries out new Pigroast table that Tammy and I built to put in to the rotation  :)  made from some log ends and left over Tamarack from the raised garden beds I built.

Kevin_H.

hey I can see my camping spot!

BTW jeff, ever had a deep fried oreo cookie? Thinking we might fry some up friday nite, MMM hot deep fried oreo under 2 scoops of ice cream...

Might want to call the cardiologist..
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

ADAMINMO

Do ya just toss the cookie in the grease or do you use some kind of batter? Sounds like a treat though.

Kevin_H.

You roll it in something like pancake or funnel cake batter, drop it 300 deg oil, give it about a min, flip it for another min. and you are ready to go.
The batter can be a little on the thick side so it sticks to the cookie

If your gonna try it you might as well use the double stuff oreo, after all, your frying a cookie.  :D

the biggest problem we have is not waiting for them to cool before you bite into them, thats where the ice cream comes in handy.. ;D

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

ADAMINMO

I'll have to give that a try. Sounds scrumptious!! digin1 digin_2 musteat_1
Bet the ice cream would help with that.  cone_1

Jeff

Never had em, no. Remember though, I'm the guy that tried to fry a snowball. ;D

Were going to have to have a meeting of the minds to decide when were going to break out the blueberry wafflecone ice cream. There is only three gallons, so do we do it Friday night, or do we do it Saturday?  Friday would mean, more then likely, generous servings, whereas Saturday, we would have to give smaller servings so it goes around.  Either way, I'm getting a BIG BOWL FULL! ;D ;)

DR Buck

QuoteThinking we might fry some up friday nite,

Good thing we're gonna be there Friday.  :)

What's on for Thursday night?    Kitty (the wife) , Dan_Shade and I should be rolling into town late afternoon or early evening Thursday.   8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

DR Buck

Quote from: Jeff on July 29, 2008, 05:25:02 PM

Were going to have to have a meeting of the minds to decide when were going to break out the blueberry wafflecone ice cream. There is only three gallons, so do we do it Friday night, or do we do it Saturday?  Friday would mean, more then likely, generous servings, whereas Saturday, we would have to give smaller servings so it goes around.  Either way, I'm getting a BIG BOWL FULL! ;D ;)

Thursday gets my vote     ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Thursday we'll be fiddling around tinkering with last minute stuff. Ya'll bringing supper? ;D

Jeff

I forgot I was going to make a post I got all caught up in the ice cream. I'm voting for TUESDAY :D

OK, what was I goona post about??

Oh yea. I remember now. I just set my arm down on the arm rest and got a reminder.  THE PIG ROASTER NEEDED SOME FINE TUNING :o

Its running fine now. Forgot my blocks I use for letting air in.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kevin_H.

hey adam I drove by the baker place 2 wks ago on the way back from floating in eminence mo.  we have been by there several times but always on a sunday.  try adding a little vanilla to the batter.

I think after all the work we do on friday we deserve blue berry waffle cone ice cream and fried cookies. Thats asumeing that we do something on friday...

our bunch will not make it to jeffs until friday afternoon, so my vote is for friday  ;D

The smell of burnt hair in the breeze?

Jeff

I aint looked in the mirror, but I been told it singed my eyebrow and all the hair on the right side of my head and around that back as I turned away. Couldn't be to bad as my hat still fits.  :)

Burlkraft I know is coming Thursday.  How about the other campers?

dewwood

I will be getting there sometime Fri afternoon, but Marcia is not going to be able to come, she had surgery a week ago and is not feeling up to it but said I could come and she would be ok.  I am camping at Hidden Hill Campground have not heard if anyone else is going to be there or not.  Where is everyone else camping?  I guess since I will be there Friday that would make my vote for the ice cream

FRIDAY

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Burlkraft

Quote from: DR_Buck on July 29, 2008, 05:28:23 PM
Quote from: Jeff on July 29, 2008, 05:25:02 PM

Thursday gets my vote     ;D

I like the way you think Dave   ;D  :D  ;D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on July 29, 2008, 06:39:26 PM
I aint looked in the mirror, but I been told it singed my eyebrow and all the hair on the right side of my head and around that back as I turned away. Couldn't be to bad as my hat still fits.  :)

Burlkraft I know is coming Thursday.  How about the other campers?

When I git there we're gonna shave off the rest of them eyebrows  :D  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!