iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Setworks for older WM

Started by Cjross73, April 09, 2021, 07:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cjross73

Are any of the setworks systems out there compatible with <96 LT40 WM mills.  I'm starting to do more mobile sawing jobs and setworks would definitely speed production I believe 

Thanks 
Chuck 
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

47sawdust

I put setworks on my 97 WM LT30.
give WM a call to confirm 96
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

Ad post removed. Read the posting rules.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

MattM

I keep seeing ads pop up on Facebook for SW-250 setworks which looks pretty good. I can't find much on the internet about it but I'd love to hear from people who have it.
LT35HDG25

Cjross73

That looks interesting,  WM say they don't have anything that will work with pre '97 mills
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

Remle

FWIW, I asked the same question, back in January of 2021. The answer was prior to mid 1997 mills, it may be possible to add simpleset works. However I would need to upgrade the up/down gear box, as well as the motor and additional pulleys .The reason was, they need a specific gear ratio and longer shaft to attach the encoder drive, ect to work with the set-works software program. Up on further investigation my mill was built in 1994 and sold as a 1995 unit. Then my life took an unexpected turn and I haven't gotten around do do any more investigation on the upgrades. The upgrades would nearly double the cost of upgrading to the simpleset works.

Thank You Sponsors!