iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question about Hydraulic Fluid

Started by adrtree, April 17, 2015, 07:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrtree

I have a new 2015 Bandit 1990 track chipper. It has Canada Hydrex XV hydraulic fluid. Cant seem to find this type locally easily and Im looking for an equivalent. I work in Georgia with mild climate. Do any of you guys have a suggestion on what I can replace the fluid with? Thanks

BargeMonkey

Looking at Hydrex's website it shows the oil list in a PDF file, which if you called around to a couple lubricant dealers they should be able to cross reference it. Just depends if you have any special additives in it, have you tried your local Deere or Cat dealer to see what they supply ? Napa ?

Gary_C

I had never heard of Hydrex XV but I found it is a Petro Canada brand and it comes in standard ISO grades. So you can use any good hydraulic oil in what ever ISO grade for the temperatures in your local area. Here in Minnesota we generally use a ISO 32 in the winter and a ISO 46 in the summer. We generally do not change oils for the seasons but use those grades when we add oil. But many of our large machines have preheaters that warm the oil in the winter.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Straightgrain

I have a cross reference PDF and it has these hydraulic oils on the same line as Hydrex XV:

Shell Tellus HD
Esso Univis N
Chevron Rykon Premium Oil MV
CoOp Industrial Hydraulic All Weather SL

http://www.neercoop.com/oilcrossref.pdf
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

adrtree

Im in the Atlanta area. Believe it or not no matter where you go nobody seems to know anything about anything. The local New Holland dealer didnt even know what hydraulic fluid went in their own new machine. Half the places around here you are lucky if they even know what hydraulic fluid is. Have you ever seen thhe movie Idiocracy? Ive looked at the equivalents in other brands and cant find those locally ither. Guess ill make some calls monday and see what I can find. Thanks for the help.

Gearbox

you are going to look for oil distributers or wholesalers . each brand has its own oil book and the salesman will know how to cross referance it . I would think there should be more in the owners manual like a iso number . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

cutter88

Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

pine

Quote from: adrtree on April 18, 2015, 07:15:26 AM
Im in the Atlanta area. Believe it or not no matter where you go nobody seems to know anything about anything. The local New Holland dealer didnt even know what hydraulic fluid went in their own new machine. Half the places around here you are lucky if they even know what hydraulic fluid is. Have you ever seen thhe movie Idiocracy? Ive looked at the equivalents in other brands and cant find those locally ither. Guess ill make some calls monday and see what I can find. Thanks for the help.
I am glad you mentioned Atlanta area in the most recent post. 
I thought you meant the other Georgia, the one to the east of the Black Sea, considering you listed Norway and N Georgia as your location.  That would have made the references to where you could find fluid a bit more challenging.

thenorthman

Aw-32/iso-32 or aw-46/iso-46

about the only other thing out there would be the tractor trans hydro stuff, its no likely that. Which is what the New Hollands should be running

All Three of these are available at auto parts stores.
well that didn't work

adrtree

The New Holland I had mentioned actually takes motor oil for Hydraulic Fluid but the local New Holland Dealer wasnt aware of that at the time. 
Looks like Bandit specs out the Canada Hydrex Fluid for cold weather situations but the Bandit dealer locally is using Kubota 46w fluid as they are Kubota dealer also...I suppose if the oil weight is correct for the use and the proper detergents are present then its just a matter of branding more than anything.

adrtree

And I think you might be more likely to find someone familiar with forestry equipment in former Soviet Georgia than in the Atlanta Georgia area. Eastern Europe supplies forestry products and lumber for Western Europe. Particularly Lithuania and Poland. I was really suprised how big logging and forestry is in Europe. Huge market there.

Corley5

My neighbor, who knows everything, needed some tranny/hydraulic fluid for his 800 Ford.  I told him to go to TSC for it.  He went to the local Ford/NH and Kubota dealer who sold him two buckets of Kubota fluid for 80 bucks each.  Afterward I showed him the specs on the TSC buckets and that for 160 dollars he'd have five buckets of fluid and dollars left over.  He took the Kubota fluid back and went to TSC  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!