iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Yard Tree ia a Blue Oak

Started by Tillaway, April 17, 2002, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

This ones in my yard.  It is common in a small geographic area.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

CHARLIE

Oak!  The leaves look like Live Oak. ::)  What do I win? :-/
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tillaway

Sorry Charlie, this one is going to be allot tougher.  You are right it is an Oak.  This is a native tree.

Jeff

Charlie I say nice try but not quite. My guess is Canyon oak or Canyon Live oak.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I say Charlie might be pretty close. How about a Coastal Live Oak? Quercus agrifolia

Or on second thought Interior Live Oak. Quercus wislizeni

The Coastal has cupped leaves and the Interior has flat leaves but I'm not sure of the relativity between the two.

Bud Man

Tilly , my guess is Blue Oak (Quercus douglasii) and how's the knee ??
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Tillaway

Right on Budman, I guess with the developement in the lower valleys here they are thinking about slapping some major restrictions on cutting them.  This area I live in seems to have the most left.

I'm off to the doctor here in a few minutes.  I think I will be back to work next week but I will see what the doctor says.

Tom

well I'll be doggone !  The leaves sure didn't look like the picture I found. Ah well,  maybe I'll get one next time. :P

Thank You Sponsors!