2 cloves garlic smashed & chopped
1 small batch fresh thyme
4 slices bacon
2 heaping tablespoons flour
2 cups half & half
1teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons butter

Bring the water to boil. Meanwhile shuck the corn and remove silk. Cut off the kernels and save (must be at least 4 cups of kernels). Place the cobs into the boiling water. Add the potatoes and salt. After the water starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Check the potatoes for tenderness and remove to a separate bowl. Scrape the corn cobs and discard. Corse chop the onion and remove thyme leaves. Cut the bacon into ½ inch pieces and cook in a separate skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and add the butter to the bacon grease, then add the onions and garlic then cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour in this grease mixture, whisking until well blended to make a slightly brown roux. Add the roux to the corn water and whisk. Add the reserved corn kernels, the cooked potatoes, slicing them in half as you add them, the half & half, thyme and sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until the corn and potatoes are heated through. Stir in the crisp bacon and season as desired with cayenne and paprika or hot sauce.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

drobertson

That really does sound good, I can only imagine how the left overs,(if any is left) will warm back up,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pappy19

I made a double batch with a dozen ears on Saturday and fed 5, had enough for my lunch yesterday along with fresh sourdough bread and sliced tomatoes. Doesn't get much better than that.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Raider Bill

Wish I could get fresh corn!

Went to the store to get some and look what I found :o

Crazy
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

pappy19

For chowder that would work or you could buy some frozen corn and it would work also. Not as great as fresh, but ok. Don't you have a farmer's market or roadside fruit stand with fresh veggies?
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

beenthere

RaiderBill

That is where the 'ol sayin "buckanear" came from...  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raider Bill

I went to 2 produce stands but the ears were very small and still .50 a ear. I was looking to roast them.

Ended up with a Italian succotash blend

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

Corn is pricey here too and the ears are small because of the drought. We did get some local peaches and cream that was really tasty.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!