iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Deck (s)

Started by hawby, June 17, 2003, 06:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawby

Well, here's the pics I promised. I still have not gotten the last 1/4 of it decked, but I am hoping that by the end of the week.... 8)  

As you can see the downhill slope was not too conducive to a straight rack of lumber. So, I decided to build the deck to give me a flat, off the ground solution. Our ground is real heavy clay and retains moisture for...ever. Getting the lumber up off the ground will help it tremendously.

The walnut is gonna have to go. That is a bummer as it is one of two trees on the property, but ... that is also where the refer is gonna set  :) :) :)

Before any of yous guys comment about the itty-bitty pile of lumber on the deck :D :D ;D  Before I can start stacking, I still need to do the X braces and support structure underneath. Gonna be a lot of weight up there... soon I hope.

Oh, by the way, before I could start on this deck, I had to build the wife's... here is hers  ;D

Course... it is nice having a place to put MY grill!!!!

I'll let you see the finished project...

hawby
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

hawby

MMmmmmnnnn! Me thinks I goofed doin' sumpin'   :(

Seems like I followed instructions...but ya know... I musta missed a critical thing.

Hawby

Larry

Nice job on your decks.  We spend more time on our decks than we do in the house.  What did you make the cross bracing out of on your wife's deck?

Looks like your house has standing seam roofing also.  Cool. 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom

I'm not sure what you did either.  It looks like you highlighted the address bar and copied it to your post.  If that is what you did, then you were almost there but it's easier than that.

If you cllick on the address in your post you will be taken back to the Gallery picture.  Beneath the Gallery picture it says "add to post".  If you click on that it will put the address along with the forum tags onto your notepad.  Go back to your post and click Modify.  Then click where you want the picture.  Then click on "insert image code" found below.  You can also cntrl/V if you desire.

Jeff

Here I come to save the day....
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Mighty Jeff is on the
 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D :D :D :D

Lookin' good Hawby!     8) 8) 8)

hawby

Thanks Jeff  :-[ :-[ Appreciate the assistance. You'd think after 25 years I'd be able to post a simple picture, huh?

Thanks for the tip Tom. I'll put that in my hints folder for next time.

Larry, the xxxx's are just treated lattice. Wasn't my first choice but it was quick and looks fairly decent. I still need to make gates to keep the dog and the baby on the deck. We sure enjoy the deck, though I am finding it hard to find room with the baby's toys and the step-daughter's sun towels, and the wife's stuff....

Guess that is why I built the other one  ???

hawby
Hawby

Jeff

I can sing it, I swear I will if I have to...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!