iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Post prices

Started by Larry, May 13, 2021, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Anybody know what big posts out of erc or white oak are selling for?  Heard some high prices which were hard for me to believe.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WV Sawmiller

I'd say we need more details as to the size and quality. Were they used as a high end restoration or for simple utility uses? I saw a couple of natural, bark-on ERC posts used locally of a log home restoration and they added a lot to the looks and price should not have been an option for that kind of project.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Patrick NC

I've been getting $3.25 per board foot for 6x6x8' ERC. $78 each. 8x8 or bigger is $4 per board foot. They sell as fast as I can saw them, but it takes a really nice cedar log to make 6x6 or larger. I've got a guy willing to pay $5 a foot for 8x8x16' if I can find good enough logs to make them. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

moodnacreek

Quote from: Patrick NC on May 14, 2021, 11:56:27 AM
I've been getting $3.25 per board foot for 6x6x8' ERC. $78 each. 8x8 or bigger is $4 per board foot. They sell as fast as I can saw them, but it takes a really nice cedar log to make 6x6 or larger. I've got a guy willing to pay $5 a foot for 8x8x16' if I can find good enough logs to make them.
Wow, N.C. is more than N.Y.   I am charging $20 for an 8' post quality 4x4.

Patrick NC

4x4x8' here is $26. The price per BF increases substantially for anything 6x6 and larger. A lot of people looking for them to use as porch posts.  Seems to be a big thing right now. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

nativewolf

Liking Walnut

Larry

Quote from: Patrick NC on May 14, 2021, 11:56:27 AM
That's what my guys been telling me.  Actually $4 plus on the 8 X 8's.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

stavebuyer

I need to rip out all my fence posts before the tax man ups my levy. 

Thank You Sponsors!