iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prius blocking the diesel pump.

Started by Patrick NC, June 10, 2021, 12:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

On the other side of the coin, we stopped at the local Warehouse store a couple of weeks back. The parks right outside the door are naturally marked for mobility card holders, then some marked for folks with babies, then 2 parks for electric cars (with a charging station). Then the other ~200 parks. 

Guess what's parked in the electric car spot?   Yup, a diesel SUV ::) 

But you guys would like the local station. All 6 pumps have regular, hi-octane and diesel, plus there's an extra long hose diesel pump for trucks over to the side. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

farmfromkansas

Had to put gas in my F-450 the other day after finally getting it hopefully fixed.  Casey's only have 2 pumps, and they were busy.  Backed up and got on the left side of the pump, and the hose was too short to reach the tank.  So had to wait my turn and get on the right side.  But no idiots were there.  Guy you were describing I would have described as a Obama voter. My wife's Corolla makes better gas mileage than a Prius, and does not have to have a bunch of batteries replaced every few years.  She thinks she needs a SUV now.  All her friends in the neighborhood have them now.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Cedarman

Is there any good reason to make cars that some fill up on the right and some fill up on the left?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

In some areas, people drive on the right side of the road and in other places, they drive on the wrong left side of the road :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nebraska

@farmfromkansas  a few years ago I would have been after your wife's car for a kid car.  At one time I had five kids driving out of here at one time.  Lots of juggling vehicles, the "dad the (insert various old car names here) won't start", its sitting at the school...etc.  That Toyota  would've been a good one to find. 

K-Guy

Quote from: Cedarman on June 23, 2021, 06:45:41 AMIs there any good reason to make cars that some fill up on the right and some fill up on the left?

Engineers!! :-X
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Hilltop366

I'm pretty sure that Prius guy would have been just as inconsiderate no matter what he drives. 

farmfromkansas

That left and right fuel thing reminds me of JD and putting the stems on the inside of the wheel.  I cuss those JD engineers every time I have to air up a tractor tire.                                                   Nebraska, can't understand why Toyota doesn't sell more vehicles.  For just a little more than a new Ford you can have a Toyota that is good for 300,000 plus miles.  And that is for their cheap cars.  I am driving a 14 Tacoma, just turned over 100,000.  Had new spark plugs put in it.  Runs like new. My friend in the car business told me it will last me out.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Tacotodd

My 99 Taco has over 300,000mi on it and runs like a top. I've relegated it to trail duty because I've modified everything EXCEPT The eng-trans-transfer case. It's the only "skidder-tractor" that I know of that will still do 65mph and get me anywhere that I need to go. It's licensed & insured & I have ZERO problems doing so. The best part: I've had it since it had a whole 38 miles on it. The dealer,manufacturer must have done a phenomenal job on my unit. The heater & and AC still work with the factory stuff. I've only taken the door's off of it because it's nice to be able to have more vision that it allows because of my "little" modification. It's even still got 3 mirrors for the necessary vision required because of my modification for being able to carry a full size spare tire. Heck, I've even got 2 winches on that thing, why, you don't always want to go forward. And yes, my rear bumper is STOUT! It's strong enough to allow for 3 important to me things: receiver hitch, swing-out spare, & winch. The winch is ALWAYS there. I've even been hit at a dead stop in traffic at about 50mph. ZERO damage to my bumper and only damage the rest of the truck was a slightly buckled main leaf on the passenger side leaf spring assembly. I didn't even detect that issue until after I started driving home after the wreck, the steering wheel wasn't in its normal place for the ride home. Him, well, his full size car was almost instantly turned into a SUBcompact. It was bleeding every fluid that is in an auto with an automatic transmission. He didn't speak English very well and I knew what that meant, because he REALLY didn't want to call the police. Since there was no noticeable damage to my vehicle, I said "OKAY" and he drove on his way. How far he got, no idea. I drove on home about 20mi and I still drive my truck to this day, even if it's highly modded. Zero of the 3 remaining factory pieces leak and the gearing is more than enough, all things considered.

I LIKE MY TRUCK!!!!

I bring pictures of it to the pig roast.
Trying harder everyday.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Tacotodd on June 24, 2021, 09:41:00 AM
My 99 Taco has over 300,000mi on it and runs like a top. I've relegated it to trail duty because I've modified everything EXCEPT The eng-trans-transfer case. It's the only "skidder-tractor" that I know of that will still do 65mph and get me anywhere that I need to go. It's licensed & insured & I have ZERO problems doing so. The best part: I've had it since it had a whole 38 miles on it. The dealer,manufacturer must have done a phenomenal job on my unit. The heater & and AC still work with the factory stuff. I've only taken the door's off of it because it's nice to be able to have more vision that it allows because of my "little" modification. It's even still got 3 mirrors for the necessary vision required because of my modification for being able to carry a full size spare tire. Heck, I've even got 2 winches on that thing, why, you don't always want to go forward. And yes, my rear bumper is STOUT! It's strong enough to allow for 3 important to me things: receiver hitch, swing-out spare, & winch. The winch is ALWAYS there. I've even been hit at a dead stop in traffic at about 50mph. ZERO damage to my bumper and only damage the rest of the truck was a slightly buckled main leaf on the passenger side leaf spring assembly. I didn't even detect that issue until after I started driving home after the wreck, the steering wheel wasn't in its normal place for the ride home. Him, well, his full size car was almost instantly turned into a SUBcompact. It was bleeding every fluid that is in an auto with an automatic transmission. He didn't speak English very well and I knew what that meant, because he REALLY didn't want to call the police. Since there was no noticeable damage to my vehicle, I said "OKAY" and he drove on his way. How far he got, no idea. I drove on home about 20mi and I still drive my truck to this day, even if it's highly modded. Zero of the 3 remaining factory pieces leak and the gearing is more than enough, all things considered.

I LIKE MY TRUCK!!!!

I bring pictures of it to the pig roast.
Can't go wrong with a Toyota. I'm on my second Tacoma now. My only complaint on them would be the interiors suck and are not comfortable at all. 
A1

sawguy21

The heater and a/c aren't much help with  the doors off. :D Is it legal on public roads like that?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HemlockKing

Quote from: sawguy21 on June 24, 2021, 11:18:35 AM
The heater and a/c aren't much help with  the doors off. :D Is it legal on public roads like that?
Jeeps can take their doors off and be fine so why not!
A1

Tacotodd

No, they're not much good for HVAC, but it's loads of fun. 

If it's illegal, the POPO never says a thing (around here at least), state down to local! Now maybe other locations, but it's not gone more than 50mi under its own power.
Trying harder everyday.

sawguy21

Quote from: HemlockKing on June 24, 2021, 11:21:42 AM
The heater and a/c aren't much help with  the doors off. :D Is it legal on public roads like that?
The old Jeep MB and early CJ were grandfathered because they were never equipped with doors but as far as I know the doors  are a national safety requirement on anything else. I could be wrong.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HemlockKing

I see newer wranglers with their doors off sometimes, it's probably very region specific. I definitely don't believe any such rules are here in NS.
A1

Tacotodd

Yeah, I see the doorless late model Wranglers quite often around here. If you look at how the door hinge assembly is constructed, it's made to be a near painless temporary removal that's quick and easy to do & reverse procedure for reassembly. Mine is just a little longer to do (x10) but it can be done in 1hr, Jeep doors in 2min.

The biggest thing: you learn how to dress in snowy weather when you know that you'll be going faster than 10mph.
Trying harder everyday.

moodnacreek

Quote from: sawguy21 on June 24, 2021, 02:10:44 PM
Quote from: HemlockKing on June 24, 2021, 11:21:42 AM
The old Jeep MB and early CJ were grandfathered because they were never equipped with doors but as far as I know the doors  are a national safety requirement on anything else. I could be wrong.
Nor does my GPW ford jeep.  But what about Roy Rogers jeep, it had doors.

hacknchop

Hey Patrick sorry I parked my Prius in your way and no I didn't win anything on the tickets. By the way the man bun was my mom's idea.:)
Often wrong never indoubt

Thank You Sponsors!