iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Competitors

Started by Jeff, November 11, 2020, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The competition it pretty stiff up here. I've managed one grouse and a hare but seeing zero deer.

Here's one of my competitors from Friday night, right next door.

We had snowshoe hare for supper last night.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bricklayer51

Jeff are they white already?

Jeff

Getting white right on schedule. 

Walnut Beast

mike_belben

The competition needs a shootin and a shovellin me thinks. 
Praise The Lord

KEC

Jeff, What is kind of bird is the nest box intended for?

doc henderson

that looks like a lot of meat from just a hare, did you fix coyote as well?  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Big Rabbit. No coyotes near when the wolves are here.

doc henderson

I was not sure.  we only have coyotes here.   :o :o :o  :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Quote from: KEC on November 12, 2020, 12:18:05 AM
Jeff, What is kind of bird is the nest box intended for?
Wood duck. 

stavebuyer

That wolf looks pretty well fed. I'd be taking a few looks over the shoulder walking in at dark LOL

Tacotodd

They look like fun as long as you have a high velocity rifle and keep your scent to a bare minimum. Shoot well friends, shoot well😏
Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

They are heavily protected here. Eating U.P. venison has pretty much been exclusivly handed over to the canine portion of the foodchain in this end of the peninsula.  I still love to hunt and see what ever. Im working on getting in shape cutting wood and spreading stone and gravel trying to keep the cabin above water due to an extraordinarily high water table here.

mike_belben

Jeff if you can dig a pond it may help lower that table, it did for me.  I hit water at 14" or so one winter putting in a fence post. 
Praise The Lord

Jeff

We have a small pond. The problem is the entire great lakes region is high, and this end of the peninsula is low.  When we were volunteering on Lime Island, The vessel  Kekorian we stepped down into it off the dock and it was probably a 40ft plus deep draft.  Boat. This is what has happened to the dock this year.

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

What do you mean getting in shape? After all the weight you lost this last year or so I figured you'd just be running those hares down and catching them by hand. Nice picture of the wolf BTW. Good luck this season with all your hunting endeavors.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!