iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Low-end chainsaw

Started by DouginUtah, January 06, 2009, 10:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

I bought something from CPO Outlets (reconditioned tools) and now I get a weekly email sales promotion.

Here is what I noticed in today's pitch--a Ryobi 40cc 18" chainsaw.

http://www.cpooutlets.com/products/zrry10532.html?ref=nl20090106FP9

It is $99.95 with free shipping.

I have no idea if it is junk or not, but it seemed like a good price for a low-end saw. I don't recall that there has been any discussion about Ryobi chainsaws or if there are made by some other company.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

rebocardo

There are other mail order outlets offering the "redesigned" Poulan Wildthing for $99 too. My take, I no longer buy Ryobi unless it is with the fore knowledge that I am buying a piece of junk. Sometimes all I can afford or want is a piece of junk.

That being said, it is not a bad price for a piece of junk and if you do not currently have a chainsaw it is not a bad start :-)

sawguy21

These likely were exchanged under warranty and sent out to an independent contractor for repair. Princess Auto was doing the same thing with Poulans and they were a great deal at $89.95. The bar and chain had to be purchased separately for another 60 bucks.  A new saw was $169.95  :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!