iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

She's gone

Started by moosehunter, September 06, 2007, 07:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handy Andy

You guys are cryin over peanuts.  The powershift gave up on my old 4450 JD last winter, only 24 years old and 5400 hours, a bolt broke in the transmission, and to get it back cost me 21700.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

moosehunter

Andy, I don't think we are comparing apples to apples ::)

For 21700 I could trade mine for a new one and get some change back!!!!

I never did finish this story so thanks for bringing it back up.

When I went to pick up the tractor the bill was indeed $900 but it was wrong. I had taken back a wrong part that I had for awhile and insted of crediting me for it they charged me for it!
By the time we got the bill straigtened out the repair was only $650.
I then ordered a shop manual so that I can fix it myself next time.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

olyman

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on September 06, 2007, 10:34:55 PM
Striker , you got that right ,  International  shot themselves in the foot in the 60s by telling all the dealers that they needed large buildings of their design. If you did not go along you were dropped .  A lot of small towns lost dealers  ,and IH lost sales .   Deere wants alldealers to have more than one store.
international--what do you think the deere co did to all the dealers?????????????????????? if they wanted to build a new store--they had to follow deeere plans--or lose the dealership--no joke---seen it---7 of them closed in this area--as the farnm economy hit wrong--*DanG deere---and i retired from the  factory!!!!!!!!!! now people have to drive about 40 miles to get to a dealer--nuts!!!!!!!!!!  and the one that closed just outside our town--cost----------------1.25 mil---i knew the contractor!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!