iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I gotta to stop going to Garage Sales!

Started by Dangerous_Dan, September 10, 2006, 09:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangerous_Dan

My father called me from a garage sale on Saturday.
Guy was selling all kinds of old equipment.
My kind of stuff - RUSTY! ;D
Picked up this JD350B dozer with a 6 way blade. It has brand new tracks, pads rollers and sprockets. The guy pushed it up onto my trailer with a backhoe and I pulled it home using a Unimog. I already have a JD350 and I could use it as parts or fix it this winter.
Guy said it was running last in the early spring and needs steering clutch and brake work.
I also picked up a rebar shear and a hit or miss engine.

First you make it work, then you trick it out!

gary

If I could find stuff like that at garage sales I would go to everyone i heard about.

Frank_Pender

That is my kind of findings.  Well done, Dan! 8)
Frank Pender

Paschale

Now THAT'S a garage sale!   8)

I've never seen or heard of a "Unimog..." interesting vehicle you've got there.  What's the history on that thing?   :P
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

isawlogs

those are Mercedeze answer to a SUV .  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Welllll......not anything like my SUV   :)

More like an answer to a combination Jeep, Truck, Tractor, all-terrain vehicle.  Expensive to buy and to own, from what I gather.
http://www.unimog.net/
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Qweaver

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

scsmith42

Wow - nice score!

What brand of hit and miss engine is that?
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Dangerous_Dan

No idea on the hit or miss engine manufacturer.
Some Unimog specs:

First you make it work, then you trick it out!

dundee

UNIMOG, The New Zealand Army purchased some 400 odd of these beasts, all came from Canada I believe

Richard

Coon

What model year is the "Unimog"?  Have heard a little about these units but not as much as I just read.  That would definately be one sweet log and firewood hauling unit.  Have you ever thought about putting a log deck on it with a self-loader on the back end so you could load a log trailer.  Looks like the tires would hold the weight. 

How many cords of firewood can you haul at a time?

Brad.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

leweee

Quote from: Dangerous_Dan on September 13, 2006, 11:11:03 PM
No idea on the hit or miss engine manufacturer.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=21150.0

Third post in that thread. ;D ::) :D :D :D

BTW Dan ....I still Love that Unimog Dump truck. 8)

Link

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Murf

Lewee, we'll make a road trip of it, you buy the Unimog, I'll take the dozer!!  ;D

It looks like just what I need for expanding my runway.  :)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

leweee

Murf.....Me Thinks Dan is wanting to keep that pet (UNIMOG) ;D

Wish I had Bought one in the early 80's when Ontario Hydro used them for working on transmission line ROW's.

Sure looks like my kind of toy. 8) (part truck , part tractor) 8)

QuoteUNIMOG, The New Zealand Army purchased some 400 odd of these beasts, all came from Canada I believe

Richard

So that where they all went. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

JimBuis

I can't believe that some of you guys are not more familiar with Unimogs.  You've really GOT to get out more!  Maybe Dan could take you out on his next garage run. ;D

I have been drooling over Unimogs for years now right along with sawmills.

If you are interested in reading more about them and/or finding a used one for sale, you don't have to look very far.  Check out sites like:

http://www.unimog.net/exchange/

http://www.unimog.com

http://www.trucktraderonline.com/   [Just put in the keyword Unimog in the search engine.]

WARNING:  Have a towel ready so you don't drool on your keyboard if you spend more than about two minutes at one of the above.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

isawlogs

I have a friend that has two of them , one here and one way up north ...  He could be talked out of one of them .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

dancan

read the post 20 minutes ago and i'm still shaking my head
i'm just sooooo jealous

Raphael

Quote from: JimBuis on September 14, 2006, 05:27:34 PM
I can't believe that some of you guys are not more familiar with Unimogs.  You've really GOT to get out more!  Maybe Dan could take you out on his next garage run. ;D

I have been drooling over Unimogs for years now right along with sawmills.

Amen brother!!!  The ultimate utility vehicle...
Only drawback is you can't use snow as an exuse to stay home.  ;)

I spent my Unimog money on a timberfame house, a logosol mill and yet another 2wd P/U that doesn't leave the property.  ::)
  Problem was I could afford the Mog and use it to haul the logs for a timberframe but wouldn't have any money left over for a mill, a new chainsaw (seriously needed), and several other tools I've aquired in the process of house building.

The Unimog I was looking at was pristine, had the three way dump, both optional PTOs and the 20spd tranny.  "Must sell, $32,000.00".  :o
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

jjmk98k

If memory serves me correctly, when i was stationed in Alaska, the unimog was as plentyful as a VW bug in Arizona....

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

sawguy21

And a lot more useful in Alaska :D They are slow hard riding but one heckuva farm, ranch, bush utility vehicle.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!