iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

066 red eye

Started by old 030, February 27, 2010, 09:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolmenTree

Quote from: SawTroll on July 04, 2014, 04:08:53 PM
Quote from: HolmenTree on July 04, 2014, 12:58:24 AM

Niko , I believe those 1988 were 064 models.

No, they were not - they just weren't in North America!
Like I said Niko......that's news to me. Also re read my last post.
So what your saying is there was 066 red light saws introduced or maybe prototypes in 1988 ???
Show me the proof.............................. 
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Buckwithnuc

The problem: getting solid facts on these saws.

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on July 04, 2014, 09:03:47 PM
Quote from: SawTroll on July 04, 2014, 04:08:53 PM
Quote from: HolmenTree on July 04, 2014, 12:58:24 AM

Niko , I believe those 1988 were 064 models.

No, they were not - they just weren't in North America!
Like I said Niko......that's news to me. Also re read my last post.
So what your saying is there was 066 red light saws introduced or maybe prototypes in 1988 ???
Show me the proof..............................

The proof I recall right now is a couple (2) of Stihl documents that I got from a very reliable (Stihl) sourse (I only have paper copies now - lost the PDF versions), an Austrailian late 1987 dealers catalog that just was posted on one of the saw forums, and that it is an accepted fact in Germany. None of that is about prototypes.

Like I said, the introduction year in North Amerca was 1991.
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Niko,  now we're getting somewhere. These papers you have from late 1987 are these saws 92cc -066  or 85cc- 064s red lights?
Can you or someone else post that info here? Seeing we come this far with this thread here on FF it would be real nice having that info here..

SawTroll

The Australian document is not mine - it remains in OZ. It is a dealers catalog that is dated 87 07, and shows the 066 and the 066 mag, both as 91.6cc. Pictures from it are posted at AS.

Regarding the two documents I have, I can't tell you where I got them without  breaking a promise - but the original sourse is Stihl USA, and they are listings of the years of different models + power and weight specs.
Information collector.

Buckwithnuc

The dates were never actually submitted by the poster in that thread on AS in the form of any documentation proof.

ZeroJunk

066 flywheels with two key ways are on eBay almost all the time. If you lose the red light ignition you can swap to a 1300  for probably $75 or less. It will be advanced all the time so you have to commit when you start the thing. But, they run great.

SawTroll

Quote from: Buckwithnuc on July 06, 2014, 03:08:22 PM
The dates were never actually submitted by the poster in that thread on AS in the form of any documentation proof.

Blow the front page up to 400%, and you will see the dating.

Of course he could still fool us if he wanted to - how many documents have every page dated? - but why would he want to?  :)   Of couse I could bluff as well, and the Germans that say 1988 - but then again, why would we want to?

There isn't any doubt that the 066 came out in 1988 on some markets, unless you absolutely want it to be.
Information collector.

Buckwithnuc

Quote from: SawTroll on July 06, 2014, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: Buckwithnuc on July 06, 2014, 03:08:22 PM

Blow the front page up to 400%, and you will see the dating.

Off course he could still fool us if he wanted to - how many documents have every page dated - but why would he want to?  :)   Of couse I could bluff as well, and the Gemans that say 1988 - but then again, why would we want to?

There isn't any doubt that the 066 came out in 1988 on some markets, unless you absolutely want it to be.

SawTroll, is this the front page you are speaking of?:

SawTroll

Yes - the dating is in the lower right corner.

if you can't see it, you either need glasses, or a better computer to look at.
Information collector.

Buckwithnuc

joe_indi

Is there any way I could upload two pdf file of 1994 and 1996 which contain information that might have some use on this thread?

joe_indi

Only image files I think. So I made screenshots I dont know whether these are useful or not:

HolmenTree

Joe, I have to thank you for all the effort you did to post that  tech  data on the 064/066 LED saws. Thats will answer many readers questions  especially  ones  from Buckwithnuc.

SawTroll

Pdf:

Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!