iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shipping container kiln

Started by black, July 28, 2014, 03:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black

Hi guys hope you can advise me, I got a 6 meter insulated refrigerator shipping container that needs to become my kiln. It is the standard height and I would like to use all the space.
If we make holes in the roof on both sides, put in the fans and run it across to the other side with ducting,
will it work?
Any help will be appreciated.

goose63

I have been of the same thing if you get it working keep us up to date with pictures 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

CRThomas

I built a 20 foot shipping contain for kiln dryer. It worked great heat in the back 2 exhaust fans one in each door pulled the heat and air thru the wood after I put my 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 baskets I had wings on each wall to force the air flow thru the wood i only put for rank in it and that was Ash 24 hours it was down to 8 to 10 percent that is all most paper dry. I was offered 8 times what I had in it so it had to go. After I got it warm in the kiln I turned the burner down to pilot light I was using NG though The first one I built it was a 40 footer and I burnt wood in a burner built on the back to much work sold it to got a kiln built in the corner of my shop I heat my shop and dry the firewood the same time. my furnace is in the kiln and it discharges the heat in to the shop. I am looking for another container but only a 10 by 8 to put next to my shop get my space in the shop back. The 20 kiln I built I put 4 rank of Oak in it green 72 hours it was between 15 to 20 and that is fast On my ash when it drying in that 20 ft kiln there was a steady stream of smoke coming out the fans in the door. Later

black

I should have said that its a dehumidifying kiln for drying boards.
How many fans do I need to circulate?
I will be drying mostly hardwood.

Thanks for the comments.

Thank You Sponsors!