iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vallee Saw Mills?

Started by wng-2, October 21, 2019, 04:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wng-2

Friend is looking to buy a mill. Cost is a factor. He has a 40 H.P. tractor. Any opinions on these mills?
Thanks.
Rich
Berwick,Maine
Woodmizer LT-15
Kubota L-4400

Bruno of NH

Well made mill for the money 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Oddman

Hadn't heard of them but after checking out their website I would say they look great. Interesting design ideas going on, I'd like to see one in person.

Gere Flewelling

They have some very clever ideas to make a manual mill more convenient for a lone operation.  I like the rollers on the bunks to help move the logs end to end.  The electric/hydraulic log loader is also interesting and very different compared to what others build .  I would love to have on for a weekend to put through its paces.
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

wng-2

I might go with my friend to Dixmont, Maine this week to have a look....
Rich
Berwick,Maine
Woodmizer LT-15
Kubota L-4400

waynorthmountie

This is the English version of the Pascal metals saw.

They have some awesome options and I would agree a great saw for the price.

Also check out SMG Champion from the same region of Quebec (may have a maine office as well) they make a nice saw that I want to mimic when I build mine as I want a wider cut for the old trees that are falling during storms on the east coast when I move.

shortaction

I have the Little Blue model.  I have no experience with any other mill to compare it to.  I find it easy to use. I find the scale easy to use.  I like the log leveller, very simplistic, doesn't have enough mechanical advantage for big long trees, a second one closer to the end of mill would solve that.  It cuts really consistent lumber and as long as you keep sharp bands on it and don't try and overpush the head you will get very little deflection around hard knots etc.  

homesteading

Quote from: wng-2 on October 22, 2019, 08:15:18 PM
I might go with my friend to Dixmont, Maine this week to have a look....
I went there yesterday and looked at them, Very impressed with what I saw. 

gaproperty

The power saw mill is a bit slow but I did make garden boxes and some stuff around the farm as can be seen in the video below.  I am looking at a band saw mill between $5000 and $7000.  Looking at Vallee and Norwood.  Hoping for some insight  on my though about Norwood or Vallee mills.  

Green House Build! part 1 - YouTube
Ray
lostcaper.com
youtube.com/c/LostCaper

Thank You Sponsors!