iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw chain grinder model 50-1

Started by Ultimate buzz, May 11, 2008, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimate buzz

I've recently picked up a Belsaw chainsaw chain grinder off of fleabay.It came without a manual and it looks like the chain stop is mickey-rigged.Does anyone have any info available on settings and operation? Also ,would anyone know if parts are available, whether from Foley-Belsaw or other sources? It looks like puuley on motor has slight bend.
    It looks like this grinder can be wall mounted or bench mounted .Visually,I can see an advantage for the wall mount. Any opinions? Thanks for any info available. Ken
Chainsaw carver and collector

Ultimate buzz

I had a typo when previewing the previous post and it posted prematurely .The model number on the grinder is pretty beat up. It is either a 550-1 or a 650-1
Chainsaw carver and collector

bandmiller2

Buzz,before the Italian imports the old belsaw sharpener was one of the few games in town.They were common in small engine and saw dealerships,and worked well,but as with most belsaw sharpening equip. requires manual skill from the operator.Most chain stops are diddly afairs due to size restrictions,unless its really jack leg it will likely work fine.Most important is dressing the wheel to the chain gullet best tool for that is a diamond dresser the one with diamond bits brazed to a flat piece with a handle.Belsaw also had a chain sharpener that was round with a groove for the drive links to fit in it was used with their sharp all system[a grinder with a pivot base and handle]you manually turned the chain and pulled the wheel into the cutter.Get a new chain and adjust the machine to duplicate it ,that about it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!