iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody know about D&L Double Cut Swingblade?

Started by JimBuis, March 30, 2006, 12:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HORSELOGGER

Thats a nice picture of the guard that has to be removed when doublecutting with a Peterson . I forget, since I dont have a Peterson anymore, how many bolts have to be removed to take that guard off for doublecutting?
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Ga_Boy

You remove two nuts and washers when removing the blade gurard.
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Corley5

Maybe you Peterson guys should buy a Doublecut Swinger then you can get a first hand look.  Publicly grilling another manufacturer and Forum sponsor on his designs doesn't look good.  Please take it behind the scenes if you feel the need to continue  Thank You
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

doublecut

Quote from: Corley5 on April 06, 2006, 11:07:06 AM
Maybe you Peterson guys should buy a Doublecut Swinger then you can get a first hand look.  Publicly grilling another manufacturer and Forum sponsor on his designs doesn't look good.  Please take it behind the scenes if you feel the need to continue  Thank You
Thank you for your insight Corley5. I think that would work the best. In my mind the forum comes first and the people around it.
doublecut

Qweaver

Whoa, I didn't take any of the previous posts as "grilling"  I had made my mind up to buy a swinger and I certainly want to know as much as I can about all of the saws being offered in order to make the best choice for me...it is, after all,  my money that I'm spending and I owe it to myself to make an informed choice. 
It would be nice to see all of the saws in operation, but that is not a real option...so all that we can go by is the info provided by the manufacturer and the good input of owners,  including info to be found on this forum.   I guess I'll just backup for a while and put my buying decision on hold until I feel more secure in my choice.  I guess the bottom line is, several good saws are available with a good reputation and it just comes down to which suits your purpose and price threshold the best.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

doublecut

Quinton
We are sorry if this post has caused any misconceptions. We are here to answer  questions from interested customers . Feel free to call on us if you have any questions.
Thank you
doublecut

JimBuis

Corley5,
I am the guy who started this thread and I am not a "Peterson guy".  I suppose you may be referring to our sponsors or to some of their devotees.  In any event, I am just interested in information about Swingers and other portable circle mills.  I continue to be disappointed though on the information, or the lack of information, that has come out of this thread.  When you boil it all down to the facts, I can't make out much from the couple of pictures posted here and the spec. sheet information means little to me.

Doublecut,
I know you and your employees are busy.  However, if it is possible, it would be very beneficial to see some quality photos on your website of the 180 Swinger.  Particularly some of it in action.  Please understand that I am a person who is doing my best to educate myself about the products in the market.  I have been working on this education process for about two years now and will continue for probably another year or so.  I will buy a mill, but only after careful consideration.

Thank you one and all for your information and input.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

NZJake

Sorry if I may have sounded as if I were grilling, fact is I am genuinely curious. As some may know I am usually the first person down at the competitors show site checkin out all the improvements or modifications, I need to be kept up with the play. Trouble is you guys are on the otherside of the ocean, this forum is all I've got, until I get a chance to go over there.

If your machine utilises a swing horizontal guard it sounds like a good idea. I like it.

Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

Jeff

Thanks Jake. :)

Qweaver I am sure that Peterson or Doublecut or Lucas will still certainly answer any questions you have as you research. I believe the only thing that was meant to be moved behind the scenes would be sponsor on sponsor type of dialog and I tend to agree with that.  Every manufacturer has the pride in what they do and what they make and how they approach customers and potential customers, and rightfully so. All of our Sponsors want to provide you with the best information available so you can make your decision, however its still a business and a competitive one at that.

There were several innuendoes about different ideas of design that will be better served if learned about on their own merit from the individual maker versus pitting one against the other here. These innuendoes may mean nothing to the typical customer but a truck load to a manufacturer. The spirit of the forestry forum is to share ideas and experiences in the most fruitful manner possible.  Several people have recognized the awkwardness of this individual conversation so moving the sponsors interaction with each other to behind the scenes seems like a logical choice.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doublecut

Hi Jim Buis
Sorry for the lack of pics and info. But to be really accurate info and picks we want the machine to finished complete. We will do our best to get this done asap for everyone.. We are completeing the first mild steel version and should be out sawing by the weekend. We have made some changes from the first one we  posted pics of but that is all r&d .  I want to thank you all for your patience and we will be getting the info out shortly.
doublecut

Corley5

Quote from: Jeff B on April 06, 2006, 06:35:35 PM
I believe the only thing that was meant to be moved behind the scenes would be sponsor on sponsor type of dialog

That's it  ;) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!